Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Help with enemy .snt files
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
Sad  Help with enemy .snt files

Hello! Big Grin I would like to know how to change the BRUTE .snt files. Yes, it is important to my CS. If anybody can help that would be grand! Wink
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014, 06:51 PM by A.M Team.)
10-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Help with enemy .snt files

Define "change".
What is it you want to change?

The brute has many different .snt files. (those are the files that play the sounds).
You can find them in sounds/enemy/brute/

Trying is the first step to success.
10-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(10-30-2014, 06:59 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: Define "change".
What is it you want to change?

The brute has many different .snt files. (those are the files that play the sounds).
You can find them in sounds/enemy/brute/

Sorry! I meant changing the voices or 'grunts'. When I try to edit the .snts it sometimes plays the original sounds instead or even not work at all.
10-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Don't edit the base entity, always make a backup. That way it will also work for people downloading it without having to replace or edit files themselves.

Open the Brute in the ModelEditor. Go to User Defined Variables and change the sounds there. Before doing so, make sure you create your new audio files as OGG Vorbis format, then also copy over a .snt file from the original and edit the name and contents. Remember, som events have more than 1 possible sound that can play, so 3 .ogg files can be contained in 1 .snt file. Don't forget to save the brute as your own custom brute.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014, 08:01 PM by Mudbill.)
10-30-2014, 08:01 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

When you change the snts and save them with different name you have to re apply the sounds to the monster inside the model editor. So here's how you would do it:

Save the edited snt file with your name. Open the brute ent file in the model editor and go to settings/animations. In there you should see all of the brutes animations and each animation has events, which is basically the sounds that play at a certain part of an animation. Find the animations and events where you want to implement your custom sounds and just replace the values with the name of your custom snt file. You can also go to settings/user defined variables and there you should be able to find the sounds that play when the monster is activated, notices, etc.

Now after you edited the monster in the model editor don't forget to save it as a different ent so it doesn't overwrite the original.

Hope this helped lad Tongue

Edit: Looks like Mudbill ninja'd me on this one lol

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014, 08:06 PM by Juras.)
10-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(10-30-2014, 08:05 PM)Juras Wrote: When you change the snts and save them with different name you have to re apply the sounds to the monster inside the model editor. So here's how you would do it:

Save the edited snt file with your name. Open the brute ent file in the model editor and go to settings/animations. In there you should see all of the brutes animations and each animation has events, which is basically the sounds that play at a certain part of an animation. Find the animations and events where you want to implement your custom sounds and just replace the values with the name of your custom snt file. You can also go to settings/user defined variables and there you should be able to find the sounds that play when the monster is activated, notices, etc.

Now after you edited the monster in the model editor don't forget to save it as a different ent so it doesn't overwrite the original.

Yes, I have done these things but I think the .snts are the problem. Everytime I test them in the model editor they won't play. I will use your info, but I need some help with the .snts. Undecided Should I post the brute copy I'm using? Huh IDK.
10-30-2014, 08:10 PM
Find
Juras Offline

(10-30-2014, 08:10 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote:
(10-30-2014, 08:05 PM)Juras Wrote: When you change the snts and save them with different name you have to re apply the sounds to the monster inside the model editor. So here's how you would do it:

Yes, I have done these things but I think the .snts are the problem. Everytime I test them in the model editor they won't play. I will use your info, but I need some help with the .snts. Undecided Should I post the brute copy I'm using? Huh IDK.

Hmm that is weird, are you sure that you're sounds are in .ogg format?

Also if you could post how one of your snt files look like it might help finding the problem.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014, 08:25 PM by Juras.)
10-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(10-30-2014, 08:23 PM)Juras Wrote:

Yep, ogg and everything... I can send you the files if you like, maybe then it can get fixed! Smile
10-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Find
Juras Offline

(10-30-2014, 08:26 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote:

Yep, ogg and everything... I can send you the files if you like, maybe then it can get fixed! Smile

Yeah you can upload one of the snt's and and your brute ent files here in a post (using the attachments feature) and I'll take a look at them.

10-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(10-30-2014, 09:02 PM)Juras Wrote:
(10-30-2014, 08:26 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote:

Yeah you can upload one of the snt's and and your brute ent files here in a post (using the attachments feature) and I'll take a look at them.

Here ya go...

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="dp_neo/sounds/enemy/brute/attack_launch01_ha" />
<Sound File="dp_neo/sounds/enemy/brute/attack_launch02_ha" />
<Sound File="dp_neo/sounds/enemy/brute/attack_launch03_ha" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="0" MaxDistance="12" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="false" Loop="false" Use3D="True" Blockable="True" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="1" />
</SOUNDENTITY>
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014, 09:29 PM by A.M Team.)
10-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Find