Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Consoles?????!?!?!?!??!@!@!@
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Consoles?????!?!?!?!??!@!@!@

(06-09-2009, 02:28 PM)PhyOS Wrote:
(06-04-2009, 11:37 PM)deadlyposion Wrote: Ok, just putting it out there but hey, the next gen gaming is consoles.

I don't believe so. Consoles (the not-portable ones) are going down for gaming, while PC is raising, right now.

Consoles have been going up up up the past few years because of PC piracy, the constant hate of having to get a new computer every six months and such. Don't know what's going on right now but seeing as absolutely everything is released on consoles or is console exclusive - and the PC has next to no exclusive titles anymore (I'd guess HL2: Ep 3 will be PC-only though), I'm guessing PC is doing pretty bad.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

PC as plenty of exclusives just because you don't play them, that don't mean they don't exist.

Example: Crysis (Crysis 2 will be multiplatform), all the Stalker's games, The witcher, HL2, Penumbra, plenty of MMO's, plenty of adventure games, plenty of strategy games, etc and this are only the exclusives because the majority of games are multiplatform and so are also available on the PC and the norm is that they look better on it.

PC gaming is not going bad, it is just not anymore the primary platform for games, all game developers are going multiplatform because that gives more chance of success.
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Kedjane is actually right regarding PC games downfall. Because of the rapidly increasing piracy on PC games, most devs try to go for the console market to ensure getting profit out of their hard work. Just look at Crysis, Crytek actually announced that they are going to make more games for consoles because they didn't sell as much as expected. Which I believe has something to do with the recent pirating of software.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Find
Shados Offline

Threads: 0

(06-11-2009, 10:23 PM)Argoon Wrote: PC as plenty of exclusives just because you don't play them, that don't mean they don't exist.

HL2
Half Life 2 has been on 3 different systems. >_> XBox, 360, PS3.

Quote:Just look at Crysis, Crytek actually announced that they are going to make more games for consoles because they didn't sell as much as expected.
I think it's because Crysis was thought of as a benchmarking tool rather than an actual game. It's still had over 1million sales, which is pretty good.
06-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

(06-11-2009, 10:33 PM)nackidno Wrote: Which I believe has something to do with the recent pirating of software.

Piracy is not recent, it exists ever since PC's became common. Piracy is also very huge on consoles i know of people that have a PS2 and no original PS2 games afaik piracy on consoles is easer them on PC after you "chip" the console, and i bet the same is true for "next gen" consoles.

Why theres more talk about piracy on PC's? I think is because theres more PC's them consoles and more people with "know how" in the PC world as to pirate a game. Also game developers always hated the PC because of the infinite amount of configurations that they need to work with, consoles are more appealing to them because of the closed architecture and so any excuse for them to leave PC's is welcome.

After this i need to say that i don't condone or like Piracy but i would lie if i said i don't have pirated software or games because i have (everyone has), Penumbra is not one of them i bought all of them one from retail and the others online from gamersgate i also have 20 original games on Steam. I will always buy the games that have quality and the teams deserve to be helped.
06-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(06-11-2009, 11:57 PM)Argoon Wrote: After this i need to say that i don't condone or like Piracy but i would lie if i said i don't have pirated software or games because i have (everyone has)

Everyone?!
To be honest: I don't have pirated stuff on my computer!
No mp3's, no movies, no games.

I HATE piracy, since people steal other people's hard work from them without paying a single coin from it.
So, yeah, everyone does - sure... -.-'

06-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(06-11-2009, 10:23 PM)Argoon Wrote: PC as plenty of exclusives just because you don't play them, that don't mean they don't exist.

Crysis is PC only because noone could develop it for consoles at the time. Developing it for PC, then PS3 (which is really troublesome to make games for) would take a lot of time. Didn't know STALKER and The Witcher were exclusive, but those are just two games.
Half Life 2 has been released for both the Xbox, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

(06-11-2009, 11:57 PM)Argoon Wrote: Why theres more talk about piracy on PC's?

Because it's a million times larger. In fact I believe all illegally copied console games are downloaded and burned to a CD through a computer aswell.

(06-12-2009, 02:59 AM)Scraper Wrote: To be honest: I don't have pirated stuff on my computer!
No mp3's, no movies, no games.

I HATE piracy, since people steal other people's hard work from them without paying a single coin from it.
So, yeah, everyone does - sure... -.-'

Woah. You're one of the few.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
06-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Quote:Piracy is not recent, it exists ever since PC's became common.

You must have missunderstood my meaning. I never said that piracy is a recent activity, I said that piracy have increased rapidly in a few years time.

Quote:Why theres more talk about piracy on PC's?

Because, just as Kedjane pointed out, it's much much bigger than the console market.

Quote:Also game developers always hated the PC because of the infinite amount of configurations that they need to work with, consoles are more appealing to them because of the closed architecture and so any excuse for them to leave PC's is welcome.

It's not super complicated to develop games for the PC, most game developers actually sit down and learn how to do stuff before they go out and make a game. And Valve actually stopped PS3 developement of their games because it was way too complicated.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Find
Aliennoffe Offline

Threads: 18

I don't think consoles is a good idea.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
06-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Find