Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Consoles?????!?!?!?!??!@!@!@
deadlyposion Offline

Threads: 2
Consoles?????!?!?!?!??!@!@!@

Ok, just putting it out there but hey, the next gen gaming is consoles.
Putting Frictional games on the PS3 or Xbox360 would be a great idea.
Next gen graphics in an already great looking game would be grand! Although the controlers arent the best of tools to use, im sure the developers would find some way to sell a 20-30$ accessory. (preferably a mouse and keyboard.....Duhhhh Dodgy)

Finally i think putting the series on the PSP would revolutionize the Portable gaming experience. You don't really need a beast computer to run the game, and the nub stick would have to be dealt with. Im just saying Frictional games PARTNER up with SONY and Microsoft, the games your making would probably sell even better when there being advertised with major gaming companies. :mrgreen: And the new PSP.Go is all download-content, purfect way to sell a game, your saving on boxing and shipping.

So if you guys in the forums have any thought on the matter, please I'd love to see what you guys have got to say. Huh
06-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Consoles?????!?!?!?!??!@!@!@

(06-04-2009, 11:37 PM)deadlyposion Wrote: if you guys in the forums have any thought on the matter, please I'd love to see what you guys have got to say. Huh

I have one thing:
Use the Search button.

Since this also have been discussed several times and there are numerous other threads about the same thing - mostly about Wii - but also with consoles like PS3 and Xbox 360...

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2009, 12:23 AM by Ano.)
06-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Yeah, this has been discussed numerous times throughout the forums. It's a nice idea but I have been thinking about the costs. Isn't it a bit expensive to develop games for consoles? Does it cost more than developing games for the PC?

Otherwise, the gameplay system Penumbra and Unknown is using doesn't really fit in on any consoles other than Wii.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Yep, Wii or nothing pretty much. The controls wouldn't be enjoyable on the 360/PS3.
And unfortunately, the Wii probably can't even handle Penumbras current graphics Tongue

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
06-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

Consoles is were the money is at unfortunately but they also are the ones more hard to get into, you need to pay sony, microsoft or nintendo a big amount of money only for the developer kit and they even have a say in what you can and not can sell on their consoles. The PC on the other end is a open platform were you can enter even without any money and can make what the hell you want.

Penumbra is a PC game in its nature and imo making a console version would need to make some compromises about controls and gameplay, but it is possible.

I'm my self a PC gamer exclusively so seeing another PC game developer going consoles would make me sad, but i also understand it if they do. They are a company that need money to do games and if consoles can make them stay alive them go for it.
06-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

(06-06-2009, 10:29 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Yep, Wii or nothing pretty much. The controls wouldn't be enjoyable on the 360/PS3.
And unfortunately, the Wii probably can't even handle Penumbras current graphics Tongue
you know actully i disagree! the wii version would simply have to have evrything set to off or low. [mabye higher depending on how the wii handles things] sure penumbras graphics on low are crappy but unlike my classmates i really dont care about the graphics as long as evrything else is intact. besides when i play games im here for the gameplay or storyline. not the graphics!
06-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Controls would probably work fine on Wii. At least the lifting, turning and door opening. I wonder how looking around, walking and jumping would work though. I believe the Wiis very first FPS is coming pretty soon, "the Conduit" or something like that.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Just to correct you. The first Wii FPS was Red Steel, which sucked pretty badly. Sorry, I'm pedant.. Big Grin:

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Find
PhyOS Offline

Threads: 0

(06-04-2009, 11:37 PM)deadlyposion Wrote: Ok, just putting it out there but hey, the next gen gaming is consoles.

I don't believe so. Consoles (the not-portable ones) are going down for gaming, while PC is raising, right now.
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Find
Shados Offline

Threads: 0

There's been a few Wii FPS. >_> Red Steel, Metroid Prime series, Call of Duty, 007...

Also, the consoles are becoming more and more "last gen." The 360 and PS3 are both on 10 year cycles, so we won't be seeing the next one for each for at least 5 more years. They're actually holding back gaming if they go through with this.
06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Find