Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Facility - Unreal Engine 4 Oculus Rift Horror Game
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16
Brick  The Facility - Unreal Engine 4 Oculus Rift Horror Game

From the creators of Tenebris Lake and Killings In Altstadt.
Comes a new horror game.

[Image: thefacility_logo_black.png]

In the remote mountains of southern Germany. During World War II a hidden underground bunker was built by the nazis to secretly perform horrible experiments on human beings. The bunker has remained a secret... Until now.

Exploring old abandoned areas are Nathan and his girlfriend Allison who stumble upon the hidden facility when searching a barbed wired fenced forest area. They soon discover that something is terribly wrong with the bunker. You can hear haunting screams echoing trough the dirty, old hallways. You start to see dark silhouettes hiding in the shadows.

Your goal is to escape this dreadful place alive. You must also save your girlfriend, who goes missing during the course of the game. Solving puzzles and surviving enemy encounters will get you further and further towards your goal. Will your actions be enough to save your girlfriend and escape the facility? Will you endure the horrors that await you? Experience the game trough Nathan's own eyes with the help of a true first person system.
Immerse yourself into the game like never before with an Oculus Rift virtual reality headset. The game is developed with support for Oculus Rift. Experience The Facility with your own eyes!

Go check it out and tell us what you think! We love feedback! We want to create a game that people will enjoy!
The IndieDB can be found here!
Help us out by backing our kickstarter campaign Here!

Screenshots bellow!
Spoiler below!

[Image: screen02.jpg]

[Image: screen03.jpg]

[Image: screen04.jpg]

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 09:45 PM by Measuring.)
11-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: The Facility - Unreal Engine 4 Oculus Rift Horror Game

Damn, that looks legit. I'll keep my eye on this game.
11-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Could that backstory be more cliche?

[Image: p229xcq]
11-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

The screenshots definitely look interesting. They show the immersiveness of what the UE4 is capable of doing, that photo realism of what the next gen has to offer. However, the given description for the story alone wouldn't get me so hyped; I feel like I've heard this story before, expect this happens within different place and setting. It's not unique per se, but the implementation might say otherwise, if it's done right.

I hope my wishes and expectation are granted with the full release.
So good luck and motivation!
11-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

the pictures and screenshots look pretty fuckin good ^^
the story however is abit too similar to outlast's... which to me is not a good thing since i hated that game.
hopefully this will be alot scarier
Keepin a watchful eye on this one!

The International Narcotics Traffic
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 06:15 AM by Gilligan's Hell.)
11-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(11-09-2014, 11:57 PM)Froge Wrote: Could that backstory be more cliche?

Nope, it ticks all the boxes that can be ticked.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

Don't judge just yet. Horror is all about recycling established tropes: it depends on how you use them whether or not they become clichés.

For example,
Spoiler below!
A man wakes up in a spooky castle having lost his memories, and must uncover his dark past as he explores deeper. "A disturbing odyssey into the dark corners of the human mind awaits." Taken on face value, that is one clichéd synopsis. And yet we all know that it turned out to be not only a seminal horror game, but a well-written and immersive narrative to boot. So there. Smile

However, there is one thing I would suggest that would make the story more interesting and potentially make the horror more subversive for more reasons than I can list here: make the girl the protagonist and have her rescue her boyfriend.

11-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(11-09-2014, 11:57 PM)Froge Wrote: Could that backstory be more cliche?

I stopped counting at 12 cliches. 7 in the first 3 Sentences.

I think it's unavoidable at this point. All the scary places have been defined, but it's up to the artist to bring his vision of what those places and realities would be like, and then bring the player into the madness of the artist's darkest fears and desires.

Seriously, this looks like it could be really good if the focus on the player's perceptions are maintained. Which is really fucking hard to do but good luck to you.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
11-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

These are awfully shiny...

http://polydigital.se/facility/indiedb/screen04.jpg

11-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Find