Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Drawing
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
The Drawing

//This is rawly translated, so there's going to be grammatical errors!//

As the father sat, the mother and son arrived home. The mother saw from the father's face that he had been crying. She knew the reason behind the sorrow of man, because they had been already talking about the subject via phone.
The son stripped his outdoor clothing with bells on and intended to rush to his father, but mother ordered him to put the woolly hat and mittens top of the radiator for drying. After doing so, he ran to the living room.

-Hey daddy! I had a great day at nursery! Guess what we did? The son tried to guess from his father a smile on his face.

-Oh, hey! What did you do? The father replied absently.

-We did a huge snow castle with the other boys! And it was prohibited for girls! The son told eyes glimmering of joyfulness.

-Why you didn't allow girls?

-The girls are just dumb! They cannot play with us. And then Elina just wants to kiss! The son grinned of disgust.

-That kissing isn't that dangerous, you know.

The mother arrived too to the living room and sat down next to his husband. She hugged him eyes shedding tears. The husband replied to the hug. He cried. The son watched his parents a little confused.

-Listen, daddy has something to say... The father said with a voice teared by sorrow.

-What, Daddy? The son asked wondering the tears, which leaked on the cheeks.

-Do you remember the time when I said that grandpa is very sick?

-Yes, I remember. Is grandpa still at the hospital? When does he get back home?

-Unfortunately the case is that the grandpa cannot get home from the hospital. Grandpa died this morning. The last line he could barely say behind his sorrow. The mother cried next to him holding his hand.

Died? The boy wondered. -Then, will we ever see grandpa?

-No. We won't ever see him alive again. The grandpa has gone to heaven, the mother said, as she noticed the father being unable to answer to the son. The son watched his parents and was serious. He went into his fathers arms and pushed his head against his chest starting to cry. Both the father and the mother patted his head and they all cried together.
The son lifted his head and watched his father eyes wet.

-I am so sad that I can't see grandpa. I will miss grandpa! The son's voice shivered of sorrow as he spoke, and after he finished his sentence, he started to cry again.

-So will I, the father could mutter under his blubber.

-Now you don't have your own father and mother. The son pushed his head against the chest again.
and the whole family cried swiftly.

After couple of days, the life continued in the house with daily routines, though the loss of the family was sensible among the home's atmosphere. The father had gotten sick leave due to happening, and in day time took care of the funeral related affairs. The mother went to work as usual, and the son was at the nursery. The death of the grandpa was told to the nursery, but the son himself didn't bring up anything about the subject. The mother had discussed about this with the teachers of the nursery.
The day had went by more or less normally.
The mother and son had arrived home in afternoon. The father had made dinner ready and the family ate together. In the evening the parents went out to snow clearing and the son played with the children of the neighbor. Finally it was the time for a supper and the family went inside.
At the kitchen they ate their supper sitting.

-Daddy?

-What?

-I'll wish Star Wars Toys for Christmas.

-Oh really? Which of them?

-All of them, of course! The son replied laughing.

-All of them? The mother wondered. -Aren't you wishing a little too much? I guess, the Santa can't bring the all of the toys?

-No, I am asking for all the Star Wars toys only, not all of the toys! The son elaborated with a little more irritated tone.

The boys answer got the parents smiling. As the boy noticed this, he also started smiling.
The smile revealed the tooth-size cap between his teeth. That sight made the father laugh out loud and the son started laughing with him. The mother wondered, what for the men were laughing.

-The toys are indeed, what that boy needs, the father stated and pointed his own teeth with his finger.

Now the mother got it and started laughing with the others. After a while of laughing, all went silent and focused on eating. After she ate, the mother went upstairs and started looking for clothes of the next day for the nursery. The son and father were left alone in the kitchen. Suddenly the son broke the silence.

-Daddy?

-Tell me dear son.

-I don't want to talk about the grandpa's death anymore.

-Oh really? Why?
The father startled from the sons comment.

-Well... I just don't want to, the son felt a little embarrassed of his own comment.
He knew the subject was important to both father and mother.

-Do you feel uncomfortable to talk about the death of grandpa? I hope no one has teased you over that.

-No one has teased. I just don't want to talk about it, because I feel so bad about doing so.
The eyes of the son were wet, and the father knew the crying was near.

-I understand son. We don't need to talk about it, if you don't want to.

-Yeah..

They continued eating. The father watched the son and thought. He understood the sons feelings and realized that the son carried deep sorrow for the grandpa who left.

Three weeks passed from the death of grandpa. The family was at the chapel waiting for the beginning of the obsequies. Other relatives and close friends were also there.
When the obsequies took place, the son was silent, but cheerful. He was proud of his new clothes, which the mother had bought him for the funerals.
Especially proud he was about his new shiny shoes. They could be only dressed very rarely.
After stepping to the chapel, the son had gone silent. He watched with serious look at the chest, which in the grandpa lied. The father had told about the funerals and about the obsequies, how the event goes and what happens in those. The son remembered everything, what he had been told. It sounded very interesting, because he was never been at funerals before.
The cantor started playing. The Konsta Jylhä's "Vaiennut Viulu" was the grandpas favorite melody.
It fit the event well, as the grandpa himself had played violin ages ago. Soon after the cantor started playing another melody, which belonged to the liturgy. During it the priest stepped behind the chest and prepared for the beginning of the obsequies.
The son looked at the priest with serious expression and grabbed his fathers hand. Father closed the small hand in gentle press and watched his child loving. The priest started his speech and soon it was time for the first verse. The son knew the verse, sometimes it was been sung at the nursery, but didn't he sing. The mother sang the song in the other side, but when the son looked at his father, he saw that the father did not sing either. His eyes looked wet. The son thought that he would cry soon.
After the verse the priest told about the grandpa, what kind of man he was.
The grandpa had made many things the son didn't know about. He decided to ask more about them later from his father. Next the priest blessed the grandpa for the last journey. From that, the son finally understood that the grandpa was going to heaven. It was being talked about in the nursery.
The priest tilted sand with a small shovel on the chest. The father had told, how the priest makes a cross on the chest. The son had asked, why with sand, but the father didn't know the answer. After the blessing it was time for yet another verse. After the verse ended, the fathers brother went and left flowers on the chest. After that, the father went to have flowers, and the son and the mother stood next to the chest as he arrived. The father red the poem and the final greeting from the patch, which was hanging on the flowers, for the grandpa. After that the family returned to their own sitting spots.
All the rest also went and placed flowers on the chest. Others red a poem, others only the greeting. Some cried, some didn't.
The sons eyes went all wet, as the fathers sister went next to the chest. The sister tried to read her poem, but she cried so much that she couldn't finish it. As everyone had carried their flowers to the chest, the fathers brother stood up and called everyone for the memorial service.
The son pushed his head into the armpit of his father and started crying swiftly.
As the father noticed this, he also started crying. Also the mothers eyes went wet.

-Daddy? Has the grandpa gone to heaven now? The son asked in the middle of his cry.

-Yes, now the grandpa has gone there, the father could barely answer.

- I feel so sad... The son said, as the tears leaked down his cheeks.

- So do I, the father said and handed over a tissue.

The son took it and wiped his tears with it. The mother hugged his child.

-Don't worry. It's not wrong to cry in this kind of event. Cry, if you feel like it, it helps, the mother comforted her son.

Eventually the son calmed down and the family left the chapel.

After several weeks, the son rushed to the kitchen. He noticed that the father had came home earlier than the mother and him. He had something very essential for his father. The father scolded his son, when he saw him rushing with outdoor clothing on to the kitchen.

-Hey hey hey! You aren't allowed to enter the kitchen with outdoor clothing on, especially shoes on!

-I know, but I have a surprise!

-Oh really? Let's put it like this: go and strip your outdoor clothing off and then show me the surprise.

-Okay...

The son rushed cheerfully to strip his clothes off. They flied here and there in the vestibule.
The mother had to also scold the son a little and ask him to place his clothes to their right places.
The son snarled for a respond, but did obey as it was ordered.
Because the father was in the living room waiting for the food to be prepared, the son ran there his hands behind his back.

-So father, I have a surprise fir you! You won't ever guess what it is?

-No, I admit I am not able to guess it, the cheeriness of the son made the father smile.
The mother arrived to the living room and sat next to his father. The mother also felt excited, what the surprise could be. The son pulled his hands from his back and handed a paper in his hands for his father.
-There! You're welcome! The son said with a cheerful sound and a smile on his face.

-Oh, thank you! The father said and watched the paper.

On the paper was a picture drawn by the son. From picture the father could recognise clearly a yellow big sun and a tree, which was drawn in the left side of the paper. The bottom of the paper was colored green, which was grass apparently. In the middle of the paper was drawn two characters. The another was small and the other big. The bigger was holding the hand of the smaller one, or that was how the father assumed.

-Have you drawn us to this? This is father and this is you? The father guessed.

-Of course not! the son said and continued his explanation cheerfully and with joy. - There's you as a little boy and grandpa! I made this just for you, so whenever you feel like you're missing grandpa, you can watch this and think back, as you were a little boy!

The father's eyes turned wet. He was silent for a moment, but smiled for his son, who got confused from his fathers reaction.

-You don't like it daddy?

-Oh my dear boy, of course I like it! This was a very pleasant surprise!
The father could say behind the running tears feeling a great warmth and love within him.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 10:52 PM by Red.)
11-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Find