Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Flickering Graphics
cereal1 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Flickering Graphics

I just installed Penumbra off Steam, and when I first started the game I had multiple flickering bars that slowly move down the screen, it makes it unplayable. I tried turning up the settings, they're all maxed out now and I still have the flicker.

any ideas?

Info:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Pentium i7 2.66Ghz
Geforce GTS 250
DirectX 11
opps, I see a thread about this now, no fix for the problem there however...
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2009, 03:21 PM by Baardago.)
06-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Flickering Graphics

First things to try:

1) Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
2) Make sure there is no strange setting in the driver controls. For example something force AA, vsync, etc.
3) Try turning down the resolution.

It might also have to do with the refresh rate. U could use a tool called refreshlock and make sure the game uses some refresh rate that your monitor likes.
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

Since WIndows 7 was nota available when the game was released, we never test for that. So not sure how well it works, but as far as I know about Windows 7, there should not be much difference from Vista. Still might be something wierd with the OpenGL drivers.
06-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Works well on Windows 7! Wink:

06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Website Find
cereal1 Offline

Threads: 1

(06-06-2009, 03:52 PM)Thomas Wrote: First things to try:

1) Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
2) Make sure there is no strange setting in the driver controls. For example something force AA, vsync, etc.
3) Try turning down the resolution.

It might also have to do with the refresh rate. U could use a tool called refreshlock and make sure the game uses some refresh rate that your monitor likes.
http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

Since WIndows 7 was nota available when the game was released, we never test for that. So not sure how well it works, but as far as I know about Windows 7, there should not be much difference from Vista. Still might be something wierd with the OpenGL drivers.

1 + 3) This is a new Windows 7 install with all the latest Nvidia Drivers, I've tried all the available resolutions in the game, even tried Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode with 640x480, Disable visual themes.

2) All the settings are set for application controlled
06-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Find