Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.3 is DRM-free? I think not.
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago 1.3 is DRM-free? I think not.

It seems Amnesia on Mac is still dependent of Steam. Wasn't that supposed to be changed? Did it not succeed?

[Image: jjMgArT.png]

It would be really nice if that could work. Right now it seems the Mac version is somewhat broken compared to before. I can start the game through Steam, but starting the launcher will always start the main game even if Steam says to open a mod. Starting the game directly will start the mod... if possible. It seems White Night is one of the mods that no longer open.

[Image: zAMxW3G.png]

I know Mac isn't a prioritized platform, but it would surely be nice to at least know you're working on this. Any updates on the Mac editors also? I've been stuck for quite a while now, along with other people.

02-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Find
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: 1.3 is DRM-free? I think not.

Seriously. At least acknowledge us and let us know if you're working on it. It really sucks that everyone else gets to use the editor except mac users. Even if you people would just say "no, we won't be updating the Mac version" it would be better than staying silent and letting Mudbill answer every post for you. Seeing that he's the most helpful here (at least with Mac issues, he's also helpful in other areas) I feel like you guys should pay him. He helps us more than you do. He at least answers. The most you guys will do is move the thread to the appropriate section, after which you'd think someone would answer.

Here's my impression of the Mac support section in its current shape.

Random user: "Help! My editor won't work on mac!"
Frictional games: "Moved to Mac support."
Mudbill: "Its because of the 1.3 update."
Frictional games: "....(crickets)...."
Random user: "will the tools be updated for mac?"
Frictional games: "....(crickets)..."
Mudbill: "That's what they say, but we don't know when."
Frictional games: "...(crickets got bored and left)..."
03-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

To clarify to you, the ones moving the threads around are us moderators, we are not Frictional games and other than Plutomaniac we are not really tech-support people either.
03-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Find
Unregistered

No offence, but I saw this and had to ask... Why is there a tech support section if only one mod fits the bill and he doesn't answer? Maybe it's just me, but isn't that like advertising a restaurant that has only one employee who isn't even there? You guys should seriously either get more tech-savvy mods or just delete the tech support section.

...It's not even worth the hassle to log in anymore. I never expect to use the editor on my Mac ever again. The Mac update will probably never come, and the mac tech support section is an abandoned wasteland. I only hope I can get a pc so I can finish my cs that I worked so hard on.

I mean no disrespect toward the forum mods, as I'm sure they're doing as much as they can. But isn't this section pointless now?
04-30-2015, 06:30 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I recently dropped by the wiki and found that the Mac editors have finally been released for 1.3. Looks like they've been out for about a month, but I just now realized it as there was no announcement or even comment on it. Welp.

https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start

Of course, some things should still be fixed. Granted, I haven't testet it all just now, but I believe the skyboxes are still messed up, for Mac and Windows alike. As for this thread, I really hope to see the Mac copy of Steam being possible to launch using the .app program, instead of requiring Steam. If it could, I'd be able to release a Mac version of my Modloader.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2015, 12:33 PM by Mudbill.)
04-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(04-30-2015, 06:30 AM)Guest Wrote: No offence, but I saw this and had to ask... Why is there a tech support section if only one mod fits the bill and he doesn't answer? Maybe it's just me, but isn't that like advertising a restaurant that has only one employee who isn't even there? You guys should seriously either get more tech-savvy mods or just delete the tech support section.

...It's not even worth the hassle to log in anymore. I never expect to use the editor on my Mac ever again. The Mac update will probably never come, and the mac tech support section is an abandoned wasteland. I only hope I can get a pc so I can finish my cs that I worked so hard on.

I mean no disrespect toward the forum mods, as I'm sure they're doing as much as they can. But isn't this section pointless now?

The mods are mainly volunteers whose main job is to keep the general atmosphere of the forums a healthy one for the community and therefore the majority of us were not employed for purposes of tech support. That being said though, since many of the mods and members have been around for many years, we will still assist you in your problems if you bring one up that we have encountered before or know the solution to.

If however, you run into an extremely pressing issue in require of immediate tech support you can contact the mods through posting a thread or through PM, and we will directly take it up with the Frictional Games staff to see if they have a solution.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
05-01-2015, 03:26 AM
Find