Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any chance ya'll could give this to me off of Direct2Drive or some other site?
Martyr Shu Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Any chance ya'll could give this to me off of Direct2Drive or some other site?

Before you shake your head and say "no", hear me out:

I purchased The Penumbra Collection yesterday and was really looking forward to finally playing it. However, my computer refuses to read it.

I tried it on my dad's computer and it does just find. My friend said it could be a faulty drive, which would suck. But I just tried it with a CD and it did fine.

Upon some farther investigation today, it turns out that I have a CD-only drive. So, I need to buy a DVD-drive as soon as I can. However, I do not know when this will be.

My question to you all is this: Could I somehow prove that I bought the game (maybe via webcam? I don't know.) then get the Collection for free off of Direct2Drive?

It's no big deal to play it on my dad's computer or wait until I can get a new drive. I'm just curious about if I can do this or not.

Thanks.

[Image: 301zf36.jpg]
07-05-2009, 03:13 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Any chance ya'll could give this to me off of Direct2Drive or some other site?

http://www.steampowered.com/

Get an account, download Steam, and look up Penumbra there.
07-05-2009, 03:35 AM
Website Find
Martyr Shu Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Any chance ya'll could give this to me off of Direct2Drive or some other site?

Their collection doesn't include Requiem. And plus, I'd have to buy it a second time, which I want to avoid.

07-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

It includes Requiem as a part of the "Black Plague special edition" or whatever since it is an expansion to BP. Good luck finding a DVD drive if you can.
07-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Website Find
Martyr Shu Offline

Thanks. I found one that's pretty cheap, actually.

Really looking forward to finally playing Penumbra after the amazing Overture demo.

07-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Find
Martyr Shu Offline

New question: Can one copy of the Collection be installed on two different computers? If yes, then I'll just play it on my dad's til I can buy a DVD-drive.

07-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Yup, no online activation I believe.
EDIT: I love image block. Used it on your sig and the top halfed it's size!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
07-06-2009, 03:31 AM
Find
Martyr Shu Offline

(07-06-2009, 03:31 AM)WindexGlow Wrote: EDIT: I love image block. Used it on your sig and the top halfed it's size!

lol, what?

And alright, thanks.

07-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Find
Martyr Shu Offline

Got it installed on me dad's computer and am currently enjoying Overture. This will do until I can get a drive; or I'll just skip getting a drive at all.

Thanks for the help, chaps. Smile

07-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Find