Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerned with AMFP assets
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Question  Concerned with AMFP assets

I've been thinking about this little problem for a little while. I've started working on another CS just for funs (not going to be another Haunted Hallways if that's what you're thinking of, yes I made that ages ago). Now one thing that concerns me is the usage of AMFP assets. Sure, I followed all the steps (you know, extracting them to the proper directories in the TDD install directory) and I can use them just fine, but what concerns me here is if I use these assets in my CS, people who don't have them installed in the same way won't be able to play the CS properly/if at all.

In order to avoid that, do I need to copy the used AMFP assets into the CS directory and get the editor/game to use them from there? And if that's the case, how am I supposed to know which combination of files I need to copy in order to make them work properly for those peeps without the AMFP assets installed?

~Robby.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
12-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Concerned with AMFP assets

I suggest you make a note that says "AMFP assets required" and perhaps add a download with and without them. For those who do have them, they'll get the CS alone so they don't clutter up their directory with many duplicate files, since the assets can be several gigabytes. For those who do not have them, they can get the "Assets included" version, which has the assets in the CS directory. You just need to find out what assets you use, and then copy them to your CS. If you're unsure, might as well just throw them all in; you won't be executed for doing that Wink

12-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

I would do the following:

1. First, I'd play AMFP -if I didn't yet-, so I can see what's new and see if there's something I like.
2. Then I'd create a folder inside my mod named Models/AMFP where I start to put every stuff I want from AMFP as I need it. Copies, not moving.
3. I'd make sure my mod is not loading assets from somewhere else but its own folders.
4. In a clean version of Amnesia, I'd copy my mod and test there how the models look.
5. ???
6. Profit.

12-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Thx for the input. That seems like an actually good idea, but it may take me quite a long time lol. Some things take effort.

Now to prevent from another thread, I'm trying to use the "spraylock_door" entity (the one that's closed and can play animations (exact model is "door02_closed.ent" from the spraylock directory. I can play its animation just fine, but getting the door to open doesn't work well. In AMFP there's a "SetSwingDoorOpenAmount" script, but that's not available in TDD. AddPropForce and AddPropImpulse don't seem to work in getting the door to open. Any ideas are appreciated.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
12-31-2014, 08:24 PM
Website Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Try PlayPropAnimation
https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/am..._functions

But if there are several versions of that door, probably you should put down all of them and set them active/inactive to open/close/stay static.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 04:56 AM by Daemian.)
01-01-2015, 04:54 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

The PlayPropAnimation does have "opening" animations, but it mainly controls the "handles" of the door (you know, the gears and everything), and it doesn't actually open it. There are multiple door entities, but 2 of them, I think, constantly play an animation, don't collide at all with things, and using the script mentioned just doesn't do anything.

And if I use the "set active/inactive" deal, it won't be the nicest thing to see since the door would be opening in plain sight.

I didn't mention but it seems that the "SwingDoorDisableAutoClose" script doesn't work on it.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 02:04 PM by Robby.)
01-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Website Find