Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom stories partially working?
nic572 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Sad  custom stories partially working?

i use a mac. i have had the issue of some custom stories that i download not appearing in my amnesia custom stories menu, while im in the game

i have read a few other similar problems with custom stories but none of them have helped me out Sad

a few custom stories i download work and some custom stories i download dont work at all, even after extracting a RAR file into zip or unzipped form nothing seems to work

its mostly the rar files i think is what are giving me trouble
for reference the most recent custom story i downloaded before posting this was

http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-late-night-d...version-10 here

ive checked alot of videos and other peoples problems over the subject and im using this sortove as a last resort. all comments are appreciated, thanks for reading

[ oh also i forgot to mention i have the steam version of the game so the file directory for it is library/apllication support/steam/steam apps/common/amnesia the dark descent/custom_stories ]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mac information

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) Yosemite 10.10.1
01-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: custom stories partially working?

Some of stories are not done correctly, I mean they will never appear because there is incorrect story setup in his cfg file, custom_story_info.cfg or something like this , could be a problem. If you know how to use HPL2 Editor, you can fix some errors from custom stories, setting a correct start position and startup map, that is possible author forgot to do Smile

I also had problems such as this. I don't have Mac I have windows and I doubt that they are similar.

I look at this strange, this story appears in my story list, also it's working. Can you list some stories that worked on your pc?

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 09:57 AM by Catalyst.)
01-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Find
nic572 Offline

(01-01-2015, 09:48 AM)Catalyst Wrote: Some of stories are not done correctly, I mean they will never appear because there is incorrect story setup in his cfg file, custom_story_info.cfg or something like this , could be a problem. If you know how to use HPL2 Editor, you can fix some errors from custom stories, setting a correct start position and startup map, that is possible author forgot to do Smile

I also had problems such as this. I don't have Mac I have windows and I doubt that they are similar.

I look at this strange, this story appears in my story list, also it's working. Can you list some stories that worked on your pc?
I don't think I know what hpl2 editor is, as for the custom stories it's usually any story with a ZIP file on moddb that works I extract the rar files and place them in the custom story section but it doesent seem to work even though people have been able to play it which is probably mostly a majority of PC users not MAC users. idk you seem to know your stuff but it'd be nice to also get replies from people who have Mac too I'm not the only one who has had the issue of stories not showing up its been happening as far back since 2012 for some users but maybe their issues were a bit different from mine
01-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Sometimes I have experienced custom stories not being detected the first time around, so I have to start the game a second time before they show up. It usually happens if I edit it though.
How are you placing the files in the folder though? Make sure that all the files from the custom story you download go into their own folder within /custom_stories. Also make sure you're not trying to start a full conversion mod like a custom story, because that will not work. They require a more advanced installation.

01-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Find
nic572 Offline

(01-03-2015, 04:24 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Sometimes I have experienced custom stories not being detected the first time around, so I have to start the game a second time before they show up. It usually happens if I edit it though.
How are you placing the files in the folder though? Make sure that all the files from the custom story you download go into their own folder within /custom_stories. Also make sure you're not trying to start a full conversion mod like a custom story, because that will not work. They require a more advanced installation.
I always put them in the folder /custom_stories and recently I backed up my entire game into a new folder to try a conversion mod because I usually avoid them and go with custom stories As I said with the comment above only certain files work with Mac every time I extract the .RAR custom stories into the /custom_stories folder they never seem to work And even the full conversion that I tried dident work because I could not run the .bat to run the mod
01-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Bat files only work on Windows and people unfortunately don't usually include launchers for other systems. You can of course run them just the same though. If you have Steam, you can do it through launch options in the client. For retail, you can create either a .command or a .scpt file.

But since your files aren't working, perhaps the program you're using to extract the .rar files doesn't work too well.

01-04-2015, 03:43 AM
Find