Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Section C Refinery entrance (Overture)
amoeba801 Offline

Threads: 1
Section C Refinery entrance (Overture)

I need a little help.

I'm having problems at the entrance the the refinery in Section C in Overture:
Spoiler below!

I am the top of the steps, overlooking the conveyor belt, looking at the controller panel for the crushers. I don't seem to have a way to push the buttons (there's no prompt).

If I use the screwdriver or bolt cutters, they become highlighted over the buttons (suggesting something must activate the buttons), but of course I cannot use either tool.

What I'm I doing wrong?
Thanks
07-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Find
nykysle Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Section C Refinery entrance (Overture)

(07-27-2009, 06:00 AM)amoeba801 Wrote: I need a little help.

I'm having problems at the entrance the the refinery in Section C in Overture:

What I'm I doing wrong?
Thanks

Just click the buttons with the cursor
07-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3

I noticed this: Sometimes there's no crosshair, at least in my case. But i was still able to operate that panel. In the Overture is no center point like in the BP, so operating the panel was quite tricky, but possible. You can also try to load the savegame.
07-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Find
amoeba801 Offline

um, this is my point - with or without the crosshair, the game does not respond to me anywhere over the console. I would expect the hand cursor to appear.

This is in contrast to, say holding the screwdriver over a button and getting a (negative) response. At least I know I have correctly positions a cursor over an active spot.

It's as though I have encountered a bug, which I find hard to believed because none else has reported a problem here.

It's pretty frustrating because the last save point is back in the digger room and I have to repeat a lot of the game (worms, spiders, shaft 13 etc,) to get to the console, in order to try new ideas, such as with and without crosshair cursor.
07-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Don´t you have an earlier autosave?

Anyways, maybe you should ask in the technical forum.
07-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Find
amoeba801 Offline

Ok, I've now got it. I now understand how the buttons work. I expected to see something change on the console, but this is not the case.
Thanks for the help.
07-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Find
voxlatina Offline

(07-28-2009, 02:01 AM)amoeba801 Wrote: Ok, I've now got it. I now understand how the buttons work. I expected to see something change on the console, but this is not the case.
Thanks for the help.

How did you get past this issue? I'm having the same problem with the hand icon never coming up, and using the cursor to press the buttons does nothing. The pistons don't move. I've reloaded the game and tried over and over, same problem. I'm playing Overture off Penumbra Collection, if that makes a difference.
09-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Find
ShnitzelKiller Offline

Threads: 13

I didn't have a crosshair there either. It's really annoying at that part.

[Image: Cloud_dance_3_by_ShnitzelKiller.gif]
09-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Find