Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

An important personal note to the FG guys
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: An important personal note to the FG guys

(07-26-2009, 08:59 PM)Lee Wrote:
(07-26-2009, 03:03 PM)Kedjane Wrote: No, Valve are known for the great quality of their games. In fact they probably have the very highest game quality. Half Life, Half Life 2, Episode 2, Counter Strike, Team Fortress and so on.
Half Life 2 is pretty much the father of all modern FPS games having introduced realistic physics, believable ragdolls and all that plus lots of neat technical stuff that ever game has had since.

So, Far Cry didn't have physics or ragdolls that owned the Source engine's weird sliding furniture or AI that owned Half-Life 2's AI that just stands there and fires at you with the occasional strafe.

Half-Life 2 had good animations that were detailed for the most part but the terrible (terrible) lighting let me down. The gameplay was nothing beyond walk, crouch, sprint, jump, shoot, and a bad driving mechanic, with the exception of the novelty of throwing boxes at enemies, which turns out to be far more damaging than multiple bullets lodged in an enemy's skull. The weapons are melee, pistol, automatic weapon, shotgun, sniper weapon, grenade, and RPG, all having existed before this game existed.

Half-Life is solid. It is immersive, but not revolutionary. Even not for 1998.

They are pioneers in nothing more than some game scripting.

Both Half Lifes were revolutionary, that's fact and period.
Plus calling the first Half Life not revolutionary? I don't know exactly what it had, but I have heard the AI was pretty special at the time and the way I see it Doom made all the Doom clones, Half Life made all FPS games up to Half Life 2 which is the "base" for all modern FPS games.
Half Life 2 was groundbreaking or top-notch in both graphics, sound, animations, design, atmosphere, physics and pure gameplay fun plus it's story does go a bit further than most FPS games at the time.
Half Life and Half Life 2 have won more than 51 respectively 35 GotY awards.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
07-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

(07-27-2009, 02:05 AM)Fred Wrote: Anyway to remain on topic, I hope you guys at Frictional Games would never consider a take over, remember that you have great products just not known by the public that well yet (and it's spreading) and just to maintain the care you're currently putting in the community. Smile

I think that they already have been taken over, by Paradox.
07-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Find
Fred
Unregistered

(07-28-2009, 12:33 AM)jamhaw Wrote:
(07-27-2009, 02:05 AM)Fred Wrote: Anyway to remain on topic, I hope you guys at Frictional Games would never consider a take over, remember that you have great products just not known by the public that well yet (and it's spreading) and just to maintain the care you're currently putting in the community. Smile

I think that they already have been taken over, by Paradox.

Why do you think that? They are merely the publisher.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2009, 01:09 AM by partthethird.)
07-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Aliennoffe Offline

Threads: 18

Counter-strike sucks!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
07-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Quit posting short, meaningless posts everywhere.
You're already been warned many times...

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2009, 12:40 PM by Ano.)
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Website Find