Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
i need some help
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: i need some help

No offence, bro, but:
1. You need to figure out some things yourself, experiment. Asking about every single thing will slow you down.
2. You won't make an "good like the amnesia campaign" story when you don't even know the basics. It's good that you have ambition, but don't boast about something that's not even started!
3. "It starts to get RAIN" , "While YOUR in the house". Grammar nazis coming. With that english you're gonna have a bad time.
4. Jumpscares. Not even pointless, but senseless, they have no explanation at all.
5. Nothing really makes sense in this story. My advice: think like you were playing the game for the first time and you don't know what's going on.
6. Have some taste! Some of this map design is really ugly... The mansion is a rectangle.
7. Puzzles are nice, but they don't make sense either.

I'm sorry for being harsh to you. I know what I sound like. But with such CS you're not gonna get better reviews than mine. Again, sorry for being a douche.

01-17-2015, 11:49 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Yeah, I got some criticism.

Spoiler below!

1) Lighting. What the hell is that lighting? Look, when the outside is bright then the mansion's interior should also be a bit more bright. Light travels far. Also, in that room with the shelves, there are lots of windows, but it's still dark as hell. Oh and uh, I like the lightning thing. Not bad.

2) Scares. Seriously? The bone thing from the original game? Also, what's with that Suitor thing and his story? I want you to ask yourself whenever you're adding something. Ask yourself if it goes with the story or not.

3) Mapping. It's a mansion, I can tolerate that. But can you at least be a little bit creative? The mansion is a cube. Add windows, add curves, add levels or something. Also, the wall with the hidden part where there is this statue is a bit buggy for me. It's moved forwards. I can bug and I can see beyond.

Also at the cellar part when you're the monster, use welders between the walls. Also, the door's pretty buggy. It closes too fast. Move it so it doesn't. Experiment with it.

4) Puzzles. Okay so put a lever thing inside this slot to make a functional lever that magically makes paintings disappear? If you can, don't put the animation of it disappearing. Looks ugly. What is better is when you use the lever, the painting is like lifted or something.

5) Grammar. "The screams coming from upstairs". What the hell? Make sure your grammar is good. Sometimes bad grammar can confuse the player.

And that's it. I don't mean to sound like being a mean person, but without getting a bit harsh you won't get better. Also, try to experiment more. Don't ask us all the time.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-18-2015, 02:08 AM
Find
L00T3R123 Offline

Threads: 1

(01-18-2015, 02:08 AM)Julius Caesar Wrote: Yeah, I got some criticism.

Spoiler below!

1) Lighting. What the hell is that lighting? Look, when the outside is bright then the mansion's interior should also be a bit more bright. Light travels far. Also, in that room with the shelves, there are lots of windows, but it's still dark as hell. Oh and uh, I like the lightning thing. Not bad.

2) Scares. Seriously? The bone thing from the original game? Also, what's with that Suitor thing and his story? I want you to ask yourself whenever you're adding something. Ask yourself if it goes with the story or not.

3) Mapping. It's a mansion, I can tolerate that. But can you at least be a little bit creative? The mansion is a cube. Add windows, add curves, add levels or something. Also, the wall with the hidden part where there is this statue is a bit buggy for me. It's moved forwards. I can bug and I can see beyond.

Also at the cellar part when you're the monster, use welders between the walls. Also, the door's pretty buggy. It closes too fast. Move it so it doesn't. Experiment with it.

4) Puzzles. Okay so put a lever thing inside this slot to make a functional lever that magically makes paintings disappear? If you can, don't put the animation of it disappearing. Looks ugly. What is better is when you use the lever, the painting is like lifted or something.

5) Grammar. "The screams coming from upstairs". What the hell? Make sure your grammar is good. Sometimes bad grammar can confuse the player.

And that's it. I don't mean to sound like being a mean person, but without getting a bit harsh you won't get better. Also, try to experiment more. Don't ask us all the time.
im 14 and watched youtube videos so dont know as much.

i tried to use AddEntityCollideCallback(string& asParentName, string& asChildName, string& asFunction, bool abDeleteOnCollide, int alStates); so that if i put the bone on that area the door unlocks but if i dont put the bone in that area the door gets locked again but it doesnt work. the door just unlocks and when i grab the bone and put it somewhere else the door doest lock
01-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(01-20-2015, 11:57 AM)L00T3R123 Wrote: im 14 and watched youtube videos so dont know as much.

Age doesn't matter at all.
01-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-20-2015, 11:57 AM)L00T3R123 Wrote: im 14 and watched youtube videos so dont know as much.

So what? Like what Lazzer said, age does NOT matter. I am 13 years old. What matters is the determination, the motivation. Age is just a number.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Find