Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help for custom enemy
Lars Offline

Threads: 2
Need help for custom enemy

I have made a custom enemy for amnesia the dark descent and animated it. But when I try to open it in the model viewer it says error and when I check error messages it says: No 'extra scene' element found. What does that mean?
01-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Need help for custom enemy

I'm not a pro when it comes to monster models, but I think it may be a lacking animation.

01-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

What program did you use when making the model? Also, what version of the Amnesia tools do you have?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-18-2015, 12:58 AM
Find
Lars Offline

I used maya but I don't know what version of Amnesia. But I was actually able to open the model without a Skeleton. But when I put in a skeleton with animation it goes wrong.

(01-17-2015, 09:56 PM)Darkfire Wrote: I'm not a pro when it comes to monster models, but I think it may be a lacking animation.
What do you mean with that?
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2015, 09:52 AM by Lars.)
01-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

I think when some basic animation is missing, the monster will not load in the viewer. I'm not 100% sure, as I never made one. Only screwed around with the original models.

ps. I think you may check what are you missing by seeing animation list of the gatherer, for example.

01-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Find
Lars Offline

(01-18-2015, 09:07 PM)Darkfire Wrote: I think when some basic animation is missing, the monster will not load in the viewer. I'm not 100% sure, as I never made one. Only screwed around with the original models.

ps. I think you may check what are you missing by seeing animation list of the gatherer, for example.
I know the problem... It's in maya, I used the IK skeleton but for some reason that can't be opened in the model viewer. So I made my own skeleton but I have a new problem UndecidedUndecided If I use the skeleton to get his arms down, and I export it like that, in the modelviewer it opens with his arms just up, so not like it is exported in maya (sorry for bad english, I'm dutch)
01-19-2015, 07:35 AM
Find
Juras Offline

First of all, you can use IKs and Controllers for your skeleton, but when you're finished with an animation, you need to bake the animation (it's called "bake simulation" in maya) and then remove all the IKs and controllers so you only have joints left. The animation will still be the same as you made with IKs and controllers since you will basically key every frame on the joints.

The second problem that you're having is happening because once you bind a skeleton to a mesh it will make a bind pose which is what you will see in the model viewer unless you make an animation. Since you're monster will never be static why bother making his arms down if it will have an idle animation where you can put his arms down anyway?

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
01-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Find
Lars Offline

(01-19-2015, 02:26 PM)Juras Wrote: First of all, you can use IKs and Controllers for your skeleton, but when you're finished with an animation, you need to bake the animation (it's called "bake simulation" in maya) and then remove all the IKs and controllers so you only have joints left. The animation will still be the same as you made with IKs and controllers since you will basically key every frame on the joints.

The second problem that you're having is happening because once you bind a skeleton to a mesh it will make a bind pose which is what you will see in the model viewer unless you make an animation. Since you're monster will never be static why bother making his arms down if it will have an idle animation where you can put his arms down anyway?

Everything works now Smile But only one more thing, how do I export an animation from maya to use it in the model editor (with a .dea_anim file)?
01-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You export the animated model as dae and then you rename it to dae_anim

e.g.
export slender.dae > rename to > slender_walking.dae_anim

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 07:44 PM by Daemian.)
01-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Find
Lars Offline

(01-20-2015, 07:44 PM)Daemian Wrote: You export the animated model as dae and then you rename it to dae_anim

e.g.

I can't change it. It's just named monster, not with dea after it...

(01-20-2015, 07:57 PM)Lars Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 07:44 PM)Daemian Wrote: You export the animated model as dae and then you rename it to dae_anim

e.g.

I can't change it. It's just named monster, not with dea after it...

Never mind haha

Everything works!! The only thing is, how to get the proper animation for the proper event????
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 08:37 PM by Lars.)
01-20-2015, 07:57 PM
Find