Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anywhere to use the cd key to download the game?
DraconicFire98 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Anywhere to use the cd key to download the game?

this post may look like spam because I just signed up. hello I recently remembered that I have a CD key for amnesia TDD but my computer doesn't have a disk drive. I already tried the key on steam, steam says that it isn't valid. I've searched the forums but pretty much no results were found, I know that CD keys aren't used anymore but I am not willing to pay 25$ (Canadian prices are high right?) for a game I already have. so if anyone knows where I can use the CD key, I would be happy. Thank You. I am NOT looking for a pirated copy. in case anyone is confused.
01-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Anywhere to use the cd key to download the game?

(01-20-2015, 08:40 PM)DraconicFire98 Wrote: this post may look like spam because I just signed up. hello I recently remembered that I have a CD key for amnesia TDD but my computer doesn't have a disk drive. I already tried the key on steam, steam says that it isn't valid. I've searched the forums but pretty much no results were found, I know that CD keys aren't used anymore but I am not willing to pay 25$ (Canadian prices are high right?) for a game I already have. so if anyone knows where I can use the CD key, I would be happy. Thank You. I am NOT looking for a pirated copy. in case anyone is confused.

It might be a key for the shelf then, check it out, not sure if that works, but it might.

https://shelf.frictionalgames.com/
01-20-2015, 09:14 PM
Find
DraconicFire98 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Anywhere to use the cd key to download the game?

Tried it on the shelf, code doesnt start with ST, ZM or FG like I said it came with the actual disk

EDIT: Noticed I never said it came with the disk, so yeah it came with a disk
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 09:23 PM by DraconicFire98.)
01-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

So you do have both disc and key?
01-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Find
DraconicFire98 Offline

(01-20-2015, 09:42 PM)Lazzer Wrote: So you do have both disc and key?

Yeah, but like I said (checked this time) computer doesnt have a disk/cd drive and it doesnt want to know anything about it, last time I tried to install from cd it gave me a cyclic redundancy check error which is what I usually get from a damaged or scratched cd
01-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I'm sure you meant disc drive. Disk can be confused with hard disks Wink You surely wouldn't be able to use your PC without one.

So your problem is that you have the physical game, the DVD disc and the key, but no drive in your PC to insert the disc? I can see how that would be a problem. I'm unsure if a physical retail copy can be redeemed the same way online. Are you not able to get a USB disc drive?

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 09:50 PM by Mudbill.)
01-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

I'm sorry, but it looks like the version of the game you own will install only if you use disc drive. Since the shelf didn't work, neither steam did, I don't have any idea what else can help.
01-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Find
DraconicFire98 Offline

i always get confused between disk and disc :/ yes its disc the way i know that my computer doesnt want to use a disc drive is because i keep getting the redundancy check error thingy with a usb drive and before you ask me to get an internal drive... it wont fit... im on a netbook, well not exactly a netbook since those cant do anything. what does the Alienware m11xr1 classify under? netbook or laptop?
01-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Assigned to Jens who handles such cases.

Most probably, you need to get a new ODD and use the retail DVD. If Jens has another idea, he will reply here upon seeing it.
01-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Find