Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters - An Amnesia Concept
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Monsters - An Amnesia Concept

Hello again. Sorry for double posting.

I have JUST released update v1.1:

Spoiler below!

Monsters update - v1.1
To install, delete the old version, and install the new version.I don't believe you will be able to keep your save, but there's help for that.

Updates:
- Fewer encounters
- More difference in levels
- Changed run speed and jump height to a better number
- Fixed a shortcut in catacombs
- Fixed that your monster's level didn't show correctly
- Fixed that the teleport room caused a crash
- Changed boss levels to be more constant

To kickstart your game, if you lost your save file, do the following:
1. Use a profile using debug mode. *
2. Start a new game. You will then be taken to a debug map where you can customize your monster.
3. Choose where you want to start your game. (Castle, Mansion or Outside).

When you are in debug mode you can press F3 to toggle fast mode. This should also help you get quicker around the maps, if you want to. Just don't load or reload any maps. it'll start everything over, and probably ruin your game.

*To get a profile with debug mode, do the following:
1. Enter the game normally, create a profile name (e.g. MyName) and then exit.
2. Enter the save directory ("My Documents/Amnesia/Main" in windows by default; "~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main" in Linux) and rename the user name (e.g. MyName) to "dev_user".
3. Open main_settings.cfg and set LoadDebugMenu="true"
4. Open user_settings.cfg (in "dev_user" folder), inside the Debug element change ScriptDebugOn="true".

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015, 06:09 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
03-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(03-07-2015, 09:33 AM)Straxedix Wrote: Mmmm Sad
Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler below!
Okay i went to house where that "shop" man is (my Bad English) and beat all three wheels and gate opened then i went to door "Mansion" 'cause there is Mansion And Castle ones and nothing else (even before entering Mansion level door i went back to that man but he still said nothing) then it came error
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories/Monsters/maps/B:/Spil/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Monsters/maps/MansionMonsters.map'
and last save was... like on beginning..i have to do all over again...

I have this same problem when entering castle or mansion, still can't get it to work. Well I have to try 1.1 version and try again!

“Life is a game, play it”
03-08-2015, 10:29 AM
Find
Posting Freak

(03-08-2015, 10:29 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler below!
Okay i went to house where that "shop" man is (my Bad English) and beat all three wheels and gate opened then i went to door "Mansion" 'cause there is Mansion And Castle ones and nothing else (even before entering Mansion level door i went back to that man but he still said nothing) then it came error
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories/Monsters/maps/B:/Spil/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Monsters/maps/MansionMonsters.map'

I have this same problem when entering castle or mansion, still can't get it to work. Well I have to try 1.1 version and try again!

Version 1.1 should fix the teleport room!

03-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(03-08-2015, 11:49 AM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote:
Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler below!

Oh c'moon I got another crash when I got that key and teleported back to graveyard, then exit through the gate game says "Outside_06 kind of error. Do you really tested this several times? I must be unlucky and I even start everything over from the start with 1.1 version.

Sigh.

03-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(03-10-2015, 07:06 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler below!

Oh c'moon I got another crash when I got that key and teleported back to graveyard, then exit through the gate game says "Outside_06 kind of error. Do you really tested this several times? I must be unlucky and I even start everything over from the start with 1.1 version.

Sigh.

Oh that's great, thanks!
That was a typo on my part. You're very great at running into these bugs, and it's great for me, but I know it sucks for you.

I'm so sorry that you ran into one again :/
Until next update, refrain from going back through the graveyard.

You'll get back, by continuing forward.

03-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(03-10-2015, 07:24 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 07:06 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler below!

Sigh.

Oh that's great, thanks!
That was a typo on my part. You're very great at running into these bugs, and it's great for me, but I know it sucks for you.

I'm so sorry that you ran into one again :/
Until next update, refrain from going back through the graveyard.

You'll get back, by continuing forward.

That's why you should hire me as a beta-tester I been doing that a lot Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2015, 09:40 PM by HumiliatioN.)
03-10-2015, 09:40 PM
Find
Posting Freak

xD

Haha. Unfortunately beta-testing has already been over...
But thanks anyway! You're doing a great job!

03-11-2015, 12:29 AM
Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52

Flawless i will kill you >:P
Next time test maps so we don't have to spent about 30-60 mins trying or even more :3
That voice acting is so great ! :O
I will vote this mod right now :3

03-11-2015, 08:07 AM
Find
Posting Freak

(03-11-2015, 08:07 AM)Straxedix Wrote: Flawless i will kill you >Tongue
Next time test maps so we don't have to spent about 30-60 mins trying or even more :3
That voice acting is so great ! :O
I will vote this mod right now :3

Wow wow wow Smile
You don't want to know how much I've tested. But with 16 maps, where you have to check on everything, at some point you will lose some things. It could've been much worse ^^

03-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Find