Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re Working Scripts?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Re Working Scripts?

Is it possible to redo the script again everytime you die?! i have a BIG map right now... and if you come really far, you have to push 5 buttons while Grunt is here... but some players just runs and try to push as many buttons as they can, and then they die.
you will respawn at the start of the map, so you have to figure out the labyrinth again... but then later tjhe grunt doesn't spawn anymore... is there a script that redo ALL the scriptings etc... is it possibly to push back the buttons again?! like you pushed 3 buttons. and then you die, all the 3 buttons are back on... so you need to push them back... again...
i really want the re-do thing because soo many amnesia players played soo many custom games, and they know the secret, if you die once by grunt, he wil disappear and you can do the other things savely. without grunt walking nearby... but i don't want this Sad
(sorry for bad English)
02-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Re Working Scripts?

Add a CheckPoint script, then use the Death callback. You can reset entities and callbacks in there.

02-26-2015, 12:04 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(02-26-2015, 12:04 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Add a CheckPoint script, then use the Death callback. You can reset entities and callbacks in there.

I don't really want a checkpoint... but this means liek... you can get back to the place, and grunt will activate Again if you enter a script area?...
02-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Every map already has a check point the first place your spawn in it. If you really don't want another, just add it to the same start area. It doesn't affect the game more, other than giving you options for a death/respawn callback.

02-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(02-26-2015, 03:42 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Every map already has a check point the first place your spawn in it. If you really don't want another, just add it to the same start area. It doesn't affect the game more, other than giving you options for a death/respawn callback.

i know every door thing but i got another question.. i can't click on doors?!
on my first map i made like 2 days ago, you can't click a door.... it's locked and then you Unlock it, and then you can't click on it! it gives you the symbol, but doesn't do anything Sad fors sample, i placed all level doors in order, and i clicked on all and none of them we're working (P.S. my English lang is stuck right now, does the level doors get affected by english lang?!)

My sound doesn't work ?! of the rock etc my scripts;

void OnStart()
{
FadeOut( 0 );
FadeIn( 6 );
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "AreaCave", "Cave", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "SteveSpawn", "Steve", true, 1);
}

void Cave(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("Block", true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "explosion_rock_large.snt", "Cave", 0, false);
CheckPoint("", "NewStart", "Steve", "", "");
}

void Steve(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("Steve", true);
}

playsoundatentity sound doesn't Sad i tried everything, turning into true, the 0 to 1 etc...

and the Call back scripts doesn't work to... grunt isn't spawing again... Sad
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
02-26-2015, 04:00 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

See, if all these things suddenly went wrong, perhaps you should backtrack to when it was actually working. At least compare it so you can see what's different. Are you sure your LevelDoor is actually unlocked? If you used SetSwingDoorLocked with it, it will NOT unlock. You must use SetLevelDoorLocked.

02-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(02-26-2015, 05:12 PM)Mudbill Wrote: See, if all these things suddenly went wrong, perhaps you should backtrack to when it was actually working. At least compare it so you can see what's different. Are you sure your LevelDoor is actually unlocked? If you used SetSwingDoorLocked with it, it will NOT unlock. You must use SetLevelDoorLocked.

i'm 100% sure. as i said, i even placed all level doors in the map and no one we're actually touch able. you get the symbol but it's like touching nothing.
02-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Sounds like it's locked to me. If you have it unlocked without any maps assigned, you will crash trying to open it.

02-27-2015, 12:29 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(02-27-2015, 12:29 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Sounds like it's locked to me. If you have it unlocked without any maps assigned, you will crash trying to open it.

? i don't understand. it's not locked... it doesn't give the locked sound and if you unlock it with the key you hear the Sound (you normally heaR)
02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

LevelDoors don't give the unlock door sound automatically. They have no sounds. You have to add those to the entity.

02-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Find