Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with custom stories
chrissesniper Offline

Threads: 3
Help with custom stories

I have tried to install custom stories on my steam purchased amnesia game but when i enter the game there are no custom stories to play. I have extracted the files and put them under amnesia the dark descent/custom stories but the game still wont find the custom stories. What am i doing wrong?

Even if i´ve lost with my body, my soul is crammed with spirit. A fucking bastard like you can never destroy that! -John, GDW
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Help with custom stories

Which one are you trying to install?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Website Find
chrissesniper Offline

(06-12-2012, 07:10 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Which one are you trying to install?
I have tried installing several but none have worked... Sad

Even if i´ve lost with my body, my soul is crammed with spirit. A fucking bastard like you can never destroy that! -John, GDW
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(06-12-2012, 07:50 PM)chrissesniper Wrote:
You'll have to be more specific in order for us to help.

1. Which story are you trying to play?
2. Tell us exactly step-by-step how you are installing the mods, there is something you're doing wrong along the way.
06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Find
chrissesniper Offline

(06-13-2012, 05:39 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 07:50 PM)chrissesniper Wrote:
You'll have to be more specific in order for us to help.

1. Which story are you trying to play?
2. Tell us exactly step-by-step how you are installing the mods, there is something you're doing wrong along the way.
The ones i am trying to install right now are Canis abusus, phengophobia and psychadelia 1, 2 and 3. I have downloaded the files, extracted them and put them in the custom stories folder. I used to do the same thing on my mac and then it worked fine. But it seems it doesnt work on a pc...

06-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Try extracting to the desktop, then moving them to the custom_stories folder.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Website Find
chrissesniper Offline

(06-13-2012, 07:55 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Try extracting to the desktop, then moving them to the custom_stories folder.
YES! It worked! Thank you very much for your help! Now i can return to playing this awesome game. Big Grin

06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Find
DeltaDuck666 Offline

Threads: 0

(06-13-2012, 07:55 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Try extracting to the desktop, then moving them to the custom_stories folder.

How does one extract a file? Sorry, I'm Dutch so I don't know exactly what it is. By extract, do you mean move it out of the map where it is and onto the desktop?

I have managed to get one custom story working, A lot of stories, but I've also tried two others: Monsters and InAHeartbeat. The working one was already a map with other maps like: entities, maps, that kind of stuff, but the two that don't work appeared as RaR. files with an Internet Explorer icon next to it, I don't know what to do with them. I've tried opening them, because it seemed like the only thing to do, but it doesn't work for some reason.
03-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

That's quite a necro you got there. Anyway, by extracting it's meant that you take the files out of the archive they're in. When you download a .zip or .rar, the files are compressed in these archives. Extracting is simply moving them out of it, which expands them to their original size and makes them fully usable.

If your RAR files have IExplorer as their default, download and install an archive manager like WinRAR. ZIP files are standard, but RAR files are not.

PS: What you're referring to as "map" is called a folder in English. A "map" is something else, including these things in the custom stories as playable levels.

03-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Mudbill explained.

This is 3 years old thread. By good netiquette, bumping old threads is considered rude behaviour. If you need future assistance, please create a new thread.

Closed.

03-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Website Find