Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS extra_english_lang not working?!?
ClaryXII Offline

Threads: 3
RE: CS extra_english_lang not working?!?

(08-12-2015, 11:02 AM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: The file won't be any different from yours.

Are you placing the file in the correct folder? Which folder did you place it in?

Same map as the custom story settings and where all the other maps are like entities and maps
08-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Alright.
Let's dig further in. Please send a picture of how the description looks ingame, and also a picture of how the folder with the .lang file looks.

Trying is the first step to success.
08-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Find
ClaryXII Offline

Threads: 3

(08-12-2015, 02:20 PM)Mugbill Wrote: Basically, even with Notepad++, the format isn't guaranteed to be correct. It must be encoded as UTF8, clean text and .lang extension. Make sure there's no typo in the file name either.

You can, instead of creating a file yourself, just go into the original config folder, copy the english.lang you find, and then rename it to extra_english.lang. Copy/paste your contents into the new file. It should be sure to keep the format.

Okay cool it helped a little bit, Ill show u

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">You are Danny, a 12 year old kid. When you wake up in night you see your father is gone, you are searching, and than you find out what his hobby is..</Entry> [Works]
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_item1">The key to unlock the bedroom door</Entry> [Doesnt works]
<Entry Name="ItemName_item1">Bedroom Key</Entry>
</CATEGORY> [Doesnt works]

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_School_Name">Tell about your self(for school)</Entry> [Works]
<Entry Name="Note_School_Text">Danny Parker [br] I'm Danny Parker, I'm 12 years old. [br] [br] I live with my dad, my mom died with my birth. [br] I sleep in the same room and bed as my dad. [br] I like to play outside with my friends. [br] I don't know what my dad does for work. [br] [br] Greetings, [br] [br] Danny Parker </Entry> [works]
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="LockedLevelDoor">
<Entry Name="Bedroom">The door is locked, why did dad left me behind?</Entry> [works]
<Entry Name="Street">It's night, so daddy locked it..</Entry> [doesnt works]
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Oooooh cool it works 100%, the thing I said before were some mistakes with naming the items I see now. Weird actually cuz I already tried copying the file from another custom story. But thx guys, I both gave you a +1 Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2015, 03:58 PM by ClaryXII.)
08-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Find