Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Closed] To animate ready lowpoly model
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32
[Closed] To animate ready lowpoly model

Hello,

I hope, maybe this time I'll find someone who want to help not to "send me away" with
non-useful advises. I heard, there are some guys that are doing models and shares with them, the only one I know is Juras Batas. I don't see others. I want to animate one more monster for my Egypt Ruin based CS. Please, without critics like : "your custom story is low quality " or whatever.

I have a full done free for use 3D mummy model. The only thing I have to do is to animate it, model is rigged. (Yes I doubt that for free nobody will do it). I could do it in C4D but Amnesia does not support it. I've got a month licensed Maya, but it does not work in my PC, black screen. So please if you want to help me even for "something" send me a PM.

I'm interested, who on this forum will help me? (Retoric question, answer, probably nobody)

If you don't want to help Catalyst, just ignore this thread. Thank you for attention, but I will apreciate if you will visit my mod's page on MODDB. Button below...

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015, 08:08 AM by Catalyst.)
05-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: [Request] To animate ready lowpoly model

Hoi there. Don't be so negative. If anything, it will just scare people away thinking you don't appreciate their help.

Have you seen Juras' tutorials on animating? https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-29618.html
If not, it will probably answer the questions you have.

As for Maya, is your PC underpowered? I believe Maya requires a 64-bit processor and probably some decent graphics that aren't Intel. If you're working on a budget laptop, I can't guarantee anything. As for C4D, doesn't Amnesia support that now? Does C4D export .fbx files? I expect it does; it's a very common format. If so, it probably works.

05-26-2015, 11:13 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32
RE: [Request] To animate ready lowpoly model

C4D exports Collada 1.4, 1.5.
1.4 is supported in Amnesia but animations are not visible and body always is detached from skeleton, Collada 1.5 are crashing. By the way I have normal PC, OS: Win7 64 bit, Ram 4GB CPU 3.2 GHz, graphic card from AMD 1024MB, only Maya doesn't work, whatever version I chose. In fbx models are with low level of quality, in dae they are awesome. I appreciate Juras help, and I hope his tutorials would be useful for me.

Well, according to your words, I have to study more tutorials. Thank you.

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
05-27-2015, 10:06 AM
Find