Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod/Custom story major problem! (Desura)
TECHN0SKULL96 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Mod/Custom story major problem! (Desura)

I cannot load any custom stories or mods that I have downloaded from modDB for amnesia the dark descent (I bought amnesia from the Desura store). I know there are some custom stories that Desura can install from there store but there are some custom stories that are not on the store that I want to download (like the Dark Room). I have looked up tutorials on how to install a few custom stories but they always mention a redist folder or just to copy some files to the regular amnesia folder for those who got it retail. I don't know whether I am just actually missing the redist folder on my amnesia or if my amnesia is just considered retail (I really don't know). And to make my situation even worse: I don't even know if I have the Justine pack for my amnesia (yes, I have also looked up on where to locate it in my pc and still didn't find it). Adding to it, if I install a custom story/mod for amnesia through desura, desura will create extra data on my OS (CSmile (for whatever reason I don't know possibly cache) and its really starting to take up a lot of space on my pc (I only have 32GB + 500GB Hard Drive and by pc I mean ASUS transformer book T100) (look it up on Amazon if you need to).

Note: I installed Desura (and all games from desura including amnesia) on my Hard Drive

Anyways, I did follow a tutorials steps on how to install the Cry Oni mod (without desura) and followed the steps for the retailed version of amnesia. By copying and pasting contents in the Cry Oni Custom story folder into the Amnesia: the Dark Descent Folder, it caused my game to crash and a new window saying FATAL ERROR.

I have had many problems just wanting to install custom stories/Mods from ModDB for amnesia but if anyone can fix these problems, You are a freakin Tech God!!! I could not find any solutions for any of these problems especially for Desura users.
06-08-2015, 03:58 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Mod/Custom story major problem! (Desura)

I'm not a Desura user so I'm not entirely sure how how this goes. First things first though: Can you tell us the exact process that you install custom stories?

Also, can you find the redist folder? Poke around a bit, it should generally be under program files, and if it might be under desura, then you may want to look a bit in there too. There should be a "custom stories" folder in the redist that holds your custom story files. If you find it let us know what you actually find in it!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
06-08-2015, 05:39 AM
Find