Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

I wonder if FG will still be using hubs between the levels and if they are,
Spoiler below!
I wonder if there's going to be hostile hubs like in Black plague and overture in which enemies will roaming the hub level
because I would like some hubs in SOMA to have feature back if SOMA has hubs in the first place.
08-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

There are any plans for an european retail DVD box of SOMA?
So many indie games from very small companies are avaiable on physical disc and I really would like to have the Frictional masterpieces!

I found The Vanishing of Ethan Carter or Monochroma which is very similar to LIMBO which you can also pre-order/buy on DVD. So why not release SOMA on DVD? I mean Frictional Games growed up to a big company with a good name and I think the retail market would even extend their popularity.

But if a retail box is planned, then please release it later when all updates are included.

I also want to have an Amnesia collection on DVD for the european market and with the original cover, not the ugly american one.

That would be great!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 06:42 PM by Googolplex.)
08-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(08-03-2014, 06:09 PM)Googolplex Wrote: There are any plans for an european retail DVD box of SOMA?

I think the only definitive statement on the subject of a retail release we have so far is from October, when Thomas was asked about it in the comments section of a blog post on the PlayStation website:

Lethal_Doze Wrote:So is this download only, or maybe there is a chance for a disc release??? Maybe you could release special disc version with Amnesia on it too, please please plase Smile
Thomas Wrote:Most likely download only for PS4. Retail is not doing very well for smaller games these days.

Not sure if this applies to the PC version, but it's probably safe to make that assumption.

Although a more explicit answer from Thomas or Jens would be great Angel

08-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

Some tweets from Thomas a few days ago on retail releases:

Quote:It feels weird that when we released our first game, Penumbra: Overture, (7 years ago) boxed copies was the major source of income.
Quote:I really miss the feel of searching stores, hoping to see our one of games hidden somewhere on the shelves.
Quote:But apart from seeing our games in a store and having something to put on my shelf, there is nothing about boxed releases that I miss.

(08-03-2014, 07:43 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: And since Jeffrey Combs didn't appear in any of the pictures from the set, my guess is that he'll just do voice acting? Perhaps for the WAU...
That could very well be the case. He had worked with the director a year ago on another film (Motivational Growth) in a voice acting role, too.

By the way, Re-animator is really cool. Combs' role is simply brilliant.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 09:34 PM by Chrysler.)
08-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I guess they could just release digital collector's edition with printable cover-art template and some goodies. You could just burn the disc for yourself, heh.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
08-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(08-03-2014, 10:09 PM)Kein Wrote: I guess they could just release digital collector's edition with printable cover-art template and some goodies. You could just burn the disc for yourself, heh.

Even if FG doesn't go that route, we've got some talented mofos on the forum who could definitely hook us up with some sweet SOMA box art:

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22458.html

08-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(08-03-2014, 10:46 PM)Paddy™ Wrote:
(08-03-2014, 10:09 PM)Kein Wrote: I guess they could just release digital collector's edition with printable cover-art template and some goodies. You could just burn the disc for yourself, heh.

Even if FG doesn't go that route, we've got some talented mofos on the forum who could definitely hook us up with some sweet SOMA box art:

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22458.html

And maybe not have 10 fucking drafts this time.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
08-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Of course, you can burn a setup file on a DVD, but that's not what I want. The files of self burned discs are stored by chemical transformation, which is not the most durable method to store data. While an original DVD is not burned, it's pressed. That means mechanical transformation and it's a lot more reliable and robust.

I don't just play my games. I really love them. And I'm always looking for a physical disc - then I can call it my own and put it full of pride into my shelf.Rolleyes

When a retail release is planned, I will buy the game again!

I bought Penumbra 3-times (1 download, 2 retail boxes).

So yeah, it would be great when the PC version will become a box release. Or probably a box called "Frictional Games Masterpieces" with all Penumbra, Amnesia and SOMA games in it. DRM-free.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 05:01 PM by Googolplex.)
08-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

Just dropping in to remind Mikko to add more bassoons.

^(;,;)^
08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(08-04-2014, 05:42 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Just dropping in to remind Mikko to add more bassoons.

Oh yes! I always remember this scary soundtrack here:

08-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Find