Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

What does Frictional Games at next?
Do they have any idea for a further horror game?

I hope it will have a longer gameplay duration and more physics based puzzles like it was in Penumbra Overture.

What you think about their next upcoming game?
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2014, 06:23 PM by Googolplex.)
09-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Next Frictional Game

Amnesia was perfect lenght for me, took 8.6 hours. Over that would be overkill imo, I would get a heart attack D:

Anyways, frictional games posted on twitter that they made a folder named "HPL3" which means that they are working on a new engine..and probably a new game Tongue

I dont think there will be a sequel, because the endings are pretty sequel proof.
Spoiler below!
In 2 endings he dies and in 1 he sets things right pretty much.
09-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Find
bitzaxp90 Offline

Threads: 31

Amnesia : The Black Overture.
09-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Find
Yodake Offline

Threads: 3

(09-26-2010, 10:06 PM)Arvuti Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Amnesia was perfect lenght for me, took 8.6 hours. Over that would be overkill imo, I would get a heart attack D:

Anyways, frictional games posted on twitter that they made a folder named "HPL3" which means that they are working on a new engine..and probably a new game Tongue

I dont think there will be a sequel, because the endings are pretty sequel proof. In 2 endings he dies and in 1 he sets things right pretty much.

put it in spoiler tags pls.
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

(09-26-2010, 10:06 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Anyways, frictional games posted on twitter that they made a folder named "HPL3" which means that they are working on a new engine..and probably a new game Tongue

What? I didn't even know Frictional had a Twitter!

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
09-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

From the recent interview I did with them:

"MH: Any plans for the future now that Amnesia has released? Can we look forward to, mayhaps a sci-fi/horror title along the lines of the original Alien, something like what Dead Space could have been? Or do you have something else planned?

FG: We are full steam ahead already on what is coming next, but too early to say anything specific about it. Lots of things can change before we have something that can truly be said to be the next project. It will not be Amnesia 2 that is as good as certain and we doubt it will be in space!"

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Find
penumbra 4ever Offline

Threads: 1

Quote:Amnesia : The Black Overture.

hahahahaahhahahaa

Amnesia The Overture Black Requiem

Sorry for my bad English
09-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Find
Twin Offline

Threads: 1

hopefully its a game that actually works
09-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(09-27-2010, 03:12 AM)Twin Wrote: hopefully its a game that actually works

I can see your butthurt all the way over here.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Website Find
Mjarr Offline

Threads: 0

I don't see why sequel for Amnesia would be out of the question, but it would probably require some brainstorming regarding the story of Amnesia -> Amnesia 2 and some other stuff.

Even though I hope in their next game there's no annoying lantern as few times I had moderate frushtration of wandering in completely dark areas just because the lantern uses more oil than half of the modern world combined in few seconds and you can't pick individual candles or even torches (presuming it's one that is not bolted to its place) to use as limited source of light. It was same with Penumbra actually regarding the flashlight, but atleast in those games you had some sort of freebie source of light avaible.

Now I am fully aware that the way the lantern worked is part of the atmosphere and due the game's nature I am not too picky about it, but I'd rather have truly scarce oil that actually lasts for a while (and with scarce maybe 2-3 bottles in the whole damm game Tongue) rather than one that eats more oil in few seconds than entire F1 racing weekend and some other optional (yet limited and possibly unreliable) sources of light.
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Find