Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planes See through?!
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Planes See through?!

Is there a way to ix the "See through the plane" kinda thing, not really THROUGH the plane, but if you make a wall with planes, then on the edge, you ca nsee the outside of your world, in my situation, outside. And that's really ugly because sometimes mini white boxes appear on the edges (white) what I really don't like.

Btw
void SetPropActiveAndFade(string& asName, bool abActive, float afFadeTime);
Activates/deactivates a prop.

How can I Deactivate a prop??
I have this right now:
SetPropActiveAndFade("Alien", false, 0);
I tried almost everything I can, turning false into true etc.
And yes basically, I want the prop to fade out at the start of the level and later if your In "the" are the prop fades in and out. It's a custom entity, but I can't activate/deactivate it from the normal script, So this has to work but how Do I do it Tongue
It's SetPropActiveAndFade
So I got in mind: Maybe this works
SetPropDeActiveAndFade
But I don't think that is possible..
07-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Find
Rahmerh Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Planes See through?!

I'm not really sure what your first question means. Perhaps post a screenshot of your problem?

For the second question, does it have to fade away? If not, use:
void SetEntityActive(string& asName, bool abActive);
Else, set the 0 to something else, like 0.1f. It stands for the seconds it takes to fade, so perhaps it has some issues with it being 0
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2015, 09:35 PM by Rahmerh.)
07-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

void SetEntityActive(string& asName, bool abActive);
Haha I'm not that noob in script, It's a prop Tongue
You can't activate/deactivate through that script.
At least I tried.

and here is a pic of it.
Btw, I changed that fade thing etc on a lot of numbers, The matter is it needs to fade away...
Oh btw! That alien on that pic, that needs to fade out lol

Attached Files
.jpg   Untitled.jpg (Size: 227.1 KB / Downloads: 99)
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2015, 09:44 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
07-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Find
Rahmerh Offline

Ah I see.. I don't know how to get rid of that, perhaps someone else?

If it needs to fade away, try setting it to 2.0f.
But if SetEntityActive doesn't work, perhaps the fade command won't work, either.
07-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(07-12-2015, 09:43 PM)Rahmerh Wrote: Ah I see.. I don't know how to get rid of that, perhaps someone else?

If it needs to fade away, try setting it to 2.0f.
But if SetEntityActive doesn't work, perhaps the fade command won't work, either.

SetPropActiveAndFade("Alien", false, 2.0f);
That doesn't seem to work, but is ot *Confirmed* that the "false" there is meant to activate/deactivate the prop?! since on the engine scripts it says this:

void SetPropActiveAndFade(string& asName, bool abActive, float afFadeTime);
Activates/deactivates a prop.

asName - internal name
abActive - nothing to add
afFadeTime - time in seconds until prop fully fades
07-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Find
Rahmerh Offline

Yes. 'False' means that the prop isn't active. I don't know what's the problem.. You've probably double checked everything, so I don't think it's something small. I've seen an issue in the editor where you can't deactive the armor in ornaments, but you can deactivate the knight armor. Perhaps it's the same kind of problem? I really don't know, sorry!
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2015, 09:48 PM by Rahmerh.)
07-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(07-12-2015, 09:48 PM)Rahmerh Wrote: Yes. 'False' means that the prop isn't active. I don't know what's the problem.. You've probably double checked everything, so I don't think it's something small. I've seen an issue in the editor where you can't deactive the armor in ornaments, but you can deactivate the knight armor. Perhaps it's the same kind of problem? I really don't know, sorry!

Yeah, I think it's the same problem Sad
Last time, I exported 2 aliens kind of thing, Same Defined variable tab thing, but the other one worked perfect with de activating, but this one doesn't work somehow...
Thanks for your help Smile
07-12-2015, 09:51 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Mmh, I don't remember too well, but I think the problem was the bodies not having something or not being attached to the mesh.

To be sure, try both functions on some entities, like a vase, a chair. When you find one that works, open two Model Editors, on one side the working entity that responds to the functions, on the other side your custom Alien entity. Now check the differences, how the bodies (green boxes) are set, each property and such.

In case your entity doesn't have a body, create one by first drawing a pink shape (then select it and click Create body). Then you wanna attach this body to the Alien. There's an Outline option for that, seek this info and attach the mesh to the new body. Copy the values from the other entity and see if it works.

About those white dots... there are a few solutions:
  • Make one of the planes longer.
  • Use black planes behind the walls.
  • Use the editor's Grid Snapping to move/locate object on the plane (I see you have it enabled).
  • Avoid decimal numbers on sizes/locations. If a plane is at x 71,003, set it to 71.
  • If your level has no exterior, go to Level Options and set the skybox to pure black.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2015, 06:58 PM by Daemian.)
07-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(07-13-2015, 06:40 PM)Daemian Wrote: Mmh, I don't remember too well, but I think the problem was the bodies not having something or not being attached to the mesh.

To be sure, try both functions on some entities, like a vase, a chair. When you find one that works, open two Model Editors, on one side the working entity that responds to the functions, on the other side your custom Alien entity. Now check the differences, how the bodies (green boxes) are set, each property and such.

In case your entity doesn't have a body, create one by first drawing a pink shape (then select it and click Create body). Then you wanna attach this body to the Alien. There's an Outline option for that, seek this info and attach the mesh to the new body. Copy the values from the other entity and see if it works.

About those white dots... there are a few solutions:
  • Make one of the planes longer.
  • Use black planes behind the walls.
  • Use the editor's Grid Snapping to move/locate object on the plane (I see you have it enabled).
  • Avoid decimal numbers on sizes/locations. If a plane is at x 71,003, set it to 71.
  • If your level has no exterior, go to Level Options and set the skybox to pure black.

Thanks!
The plane thing is fixed now Smile
But about the Alien, I didn't add a body to it, because it was supposed to do unknown appearance, at a distance, so you could never get in touch with it...
I did create a mini box in the middle of the alien, and gave it a body etc Tongue
07-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

IS the box an ENEMY type? (in the model editor)
If so, prop wont work.
Then try make it a object, then it will.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2015, 11:14 PM by DnALANGE.)
07-13-2015, 10:53 PM
Find