Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Severe graphical issues for Penumbra: Black Plague
GSSubmarine
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Severe graphical issues for Penumbra: Black Plague
Its hard for me to describe what is happening in my game so I recorded a short video for a visual aid. ( https://youtu.be/gHJNPY_VdDo?t=10 )

I have done everything I can to try and fix the issue. Currently on my labtop the graphics card died, so I had to switch to integrated graphics. (An Intel card.) But even before my Nvidia card died, my game looked like this. It saved my graphical settings from the last time I tried to play it. I have the Steam Version. The integrated graphics seem to be okay, I can run older games just fine. Recently I have been playing a lot of Fallout 3 without any issues and a heavy amount of mods.

I will be thankful for any help or advice, but a straightforward "You can or can't run it" response would be very appreciated.

Again thank you guys very much.
07-21-2015, 02:23 AM
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Severe graphical issues for Penumbra: Black Plague
Intel Integrated has a hard time with OpenGL games (which Amnesia/Penumbra uses)
Try the following graphical configuration.

Resolution : Any
Noise Filter : Off
Bloom : Off
Gamma : Any
Shader Quality : Low
Texture Quality : (Shouldn't matter, I'd change this last if your still having issues after you change the rest of them.
Shadows : On (Shouldn't mater, but as above should issues persist try turning this off)
Post Effects : Off
Motion Blur : On (Shouldn't mater, but as above should issues persist try turning this off)
VSync : Any
Texture Filter : Bi-linear
Antisotropy : Off
Anti-Aliasing : Off
Depth of Field : Off
Refractions : Off

After you try that, go ahead and let us know if your issues persist. A screenshot will do should it be easier to provide.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 04:55 AM by 7heDubz.)
07-21-2015, 04:49 AM
Find
GSSubmarine
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Severe graphical issues for Penumbra: Black Plague
Worked like a charm, thank you so much!
07-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.