Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

update problem
NevoH72 Offline

Threads: 4
update problem

i updated the game,but it says that i don't have SDL.DLL
,how do i fix it?
07-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: update problem

If you are a Steam user, perform a file integrity check. This will fix most problems.

Otherwise, did you download and install the update from this thread? http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

If yes, then
You have either installed the update in the wrong directory, or did not install correctly (for example, your installation was interrupted).

If no, then download the update package suitable for your system and retry the installation.
By default, the updater should locate where your Amnesia folder is, usually located at:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-24-2015, 12:46 AM
Find
Arsinowey Offline

Threads: 0

Hello,I have a question and you're the first person that I feel will not make me feel like a dumb-ass for asking the question I have...
OK,I bought the game from Amazon,it wasn't an online code for Steam,I didn't know what Steam was back then lol...anyways ,I know where the thread is to download the patch,I just have no idea how or where the game is in my computer or how to make sure the patch is installed into the correct file...
PLEASE HELP !! I'm somewhat technologically challenged !
Thank you in advance if you're able to help!
07-27-2015, 02:01 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(07-27-2015, 02:01 AM)Arsinowey Wrote: Hello,I have a question and you're the first person that I feel will not make me feel like a dumb-ass for asking the question I have...
OK,I bought the game from Amazon,it wasn't an online code for Steam,I didn't know what Steam was back then lol...anyways ,I know where the thread is to download the patch,I just have no idea how or where the game is in my computer or how to make sure the patch is installed into the correct file...
PLEASE HELP !! I'm somewhat technologically challenged !
Thank you in advance if you're able to help!

I'm going to assume you have a Windows system, since I don't know how they work for others:

The update patch at the link I provided should find the game for you. Just download the one which works for your system. If for some reason it does not, right click a shortcut to your game, and select Open File Location. Finding it from your Start Menu would work.

The simplest way to find out if you have updated your game, at least, for a Windows user, is to see if there is a 1_3_update folder (or similar) in your installation directory. This will tell you that you have the 1.3 patch. If you are able to play Justine, you have a version at or higher than 1.2.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-27-2015, 07:09 AM
Find
NevoH72 Offline

Threads: 4

(07-24-2015, 12:46 AM)Romulator Wrote: If you are a Steam user, perform a file integrity check. This will fix most problems.

Otherwise, did you download and install the update from this thread? http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24334.html

If yes, then
You have either installed the update in the wrong directory, or did not install correctly (for example, your installation was interrupted).

If no, then download the update package suitable for your system and retry the installation.
By default, the updater should locate where your Amnesia folder is, usually located at:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/

I don't really know how to install it correctly,can you help me?
And i did download from this thread,i don't use steam
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 10:49 AM by NevoH72.)
07-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Find