Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!!! Can't launch full converstion in progress!
Southlaguna Offline

Threads: 21
Help!!! Can't launch full converstion in progress!

Hey!

So im trying to launch my FC in progress through steam on linux and when i do it says "failed to start game (missing executable). I have been going through a few guides now on how to launch a full conversion through steam using the launch settings option. I have all my starting FC folders and files located in a sub folder of the main game directory called dark_son and have gone through all the tutorial procedures.

my hpl.log only says
FATAL ERROR: Could not init steam!

07-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Find
Southlaguna Offline

RE: Help!!! Can't launch full converstion in progress!

I figured i'd update on the other steps ive taken and i tried removing my custom launch setting and launch the normal game now and it gives me the same error now, insted of launching like it first did

07-28-2015, 06:38 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

It sounds like the issues are not caused by your launch options. What else did you do? It sounds more like you've either messed around with some files, been trying to start the game from the wrong directory, or do not use Steam the way it needs to. The init Steam message can be received when starting the executable manually without Steam. The missing executable sounds just like what it reads.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 07:21 AM by Mudbill.)
07-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Find
Southlaguna Offline

I have solved one issue to come on to the next, I used the "verify integrity of game files" optioryn and it relocated 11300 files that needed to be re added to the library... Very strange. I solved that issue got amnesia to run again but still no luck with my main_init file. I have rechecked everything again and again it al seems to be in order. Now i get "failed to lanch "darkson/dsconfig/main.init.cfg" I an post up my config folder if it would help. my log doest seem to be recording these incidents

07-28-2015, 08:11 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

If you have an error in your init file, it will fail. You can post it, but I might not be able to see all issues, because most of them rely on other file names. Just make sure they match.

07-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Find
Southlaguna Offline

give it a look ill post my resources.cfg aswell because i suspect something could be wrong with what ive done in there, ive literally just started this im just trying to make sure that i can launch my full conversion before i go down the path of fully creating it.

Attached Files
.cfg   main_init.cfg (Size: 1.2 KB / Downloads: 110)
.cfg   resources.cfg (Size: 1.36 KB / Downloads: 86)

07-28-2015, 09:58 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I don't see anything that is necessarily wrong, but the issue could simply be that some of those files referenced in there have an error. Make sure all folder names match. There's no need to use a custom config folder name (like dsconfig). It might as well just be config, however it doesn't really matter.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015, 12:50 AM by Mudbill.)
07-29-2015, 12:50 AM
Find
Southlaguna Offline

Okay so ive gone over the files again, triple checked all the names are right and they are... Still getting "error could not load main init file" if they're is something wrong with my menu.cfg would that also cause this crash? Im posting it aswell, the only thing im thinking may cause it is what ive put in for bgscene/music. The name of the file is right i just dont know if i need the extension i put with it

Attached Files
.cfg   menu.cfg (Size: 4 KB / Downloads: 71)

07-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Find
Southlaguna Offline

So Ive done some experimenting and tried download other FC's such as tenebris lake and white night and both have turned up saying the same error as mine, this seems to be a steam issue... any ideas?

im using
UBUNTU 15.04 SYSTEM 76 GALAGO ULTRA PRO, with 8GB RAM Intel® Core™ i7-4770HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz × 8, Intel® Haswell Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2 graphics on a 32-bit system.

07-29-2015, 04:20 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Have you been able to run the game before? At all? First off, Intel graphics aren't supported, so you might have some troubles there. Update your drivers if that is the issue and it might fix (at least for Windows). For Linux, I don't know, but I suspect the same issues are present. Whether it's as easy to fix is another story.

You should try starting the normal game. If that doesn't work, go to the technical support forum.

07-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Find