Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog/mist/smoke graphic bug
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Exclamation  Fog/mist/smoke graphic bug
I've got this weird graphic bug where the smoke in the game has these prominent horizontal lines underneath. It really breaks the immersion because it looks like crap. I don't have any screenshots of it from the actual game but managed to find a link online for a different game that shows exactly what it is like:

http://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/5603...-over-nml/

I am using an R9 Radeon 270x with the latest drivers installed.

Of course I'm going on the assumption this is a bug but is it just part of the game? I think I've kind of noticed it in other games aswell. It really does look awful. When I turn the character on the screen from left to right the smoke kind of moves with the camera if that makes sense like it is a 2d model.. I've looked for signs of this on other people's gameplay videos but it's difficult to see on youtube because of the low quality of the videos.

Any input would be appreciated.
08-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Fog/mist/smoke graphic bug
Due to the lack of any proper fading features in the particle shaders amnesia uses, this is simply what it looks like, nothing you can do here! Sorry.
08-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.