Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strange mouse movement
enchantner Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Strange mouse movement

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic and I have a problem. Game starts perfectly, but every time I press mouse button cursor moves to bottom-right corner, so it happens every time I am selecting menu option or clicking in game (then camera rotates at the bottom-right). I'm using one monitor and FAQ didn't help. What I should do to play normally?
11-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Find
enchantner Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange mouse movement

(11-03-2009, 10:44 PM)enchantner Wrote: I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic and I have a problem. Game starts perfectly, but every time I press mouse button cursor moves to bottom-right corner, so it happens every time I am selecting menu option or clicking in game (then camera rotates at the bottom-right). I'm using one monitor and FAQ didn't help. What I should do to play normally?

Ok, it solved by adding 'export SDL_VIDEO_X11_DGAMOUSE=0' at the game launcher.
11-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Find
alazyworkaholic Offline

I'm having lousy audio problems with Karmic. I was told to
export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa
but I've no idea how/where.
It looks like you 'exported' something in the game launcher, which sounds ideal because I'd rather have any workaround affect only Penumbra instead of the whole system.
Please, How exactly did you do that?
11-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Find
enchantner Offline

(11-06-2009, 06:50 PM)alazyworkaholic Wrote: I'm having lousy audio problems with Karmic. I was told to
export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa
but I've no idea how/where.
It looks like you 'exported' something in the game launcher, which sounds ideal because I'd rather have any workaround affect only Penumbra instead of the whole system.
Please, How exactly did you do that?

Just add this to your ~/.asoundrc :
Quote:pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}
11-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Find