Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

can't get past first dog
paisios Offline

Threads: 1
can't get past first dog

Hi all, first time here. Just started trying out overture. I'd like to play this game, it had me interested up until.....I can't get past the first dog I've encountered. ( I've trued throwing things (which bounce of the dog and have to effect), jumping on crates, running away....all of which result in me becoming puppy chow. HELP!!!
10-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: can't get past first dog

OK. there are 3 ways to get past that dog (dogs).

1: Use the hammer to kill that dog. Push the left mouse button, and move the mouse left, or right to swing the hammer. But jump on the crate first.

2: Running. But it's not much use if you play on hard mode, then dog will catch you, because the dogs move faster on hard mode. Push left shift and W keys to run.

3: Hiding. Just crouch on the floor, shut the light source and wait until the dog walk away from you. Then get past it silently, when it can't see you.
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Find
paisios Offline

THanks for your reply. I tried those things and i still can do no damage to the dog. Nor can I evade it aside from finding the "sweet spot" on a crate. I like what I've seen so far from this game, only wish I could continue to play it. I guess I need to play in easy mode? Not really my style. If I have to play easy mode, why bother. I like a challenge, but wow this has me stumped.
10-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Find
ROT51 Offline

This i forgot to tell you.

You can kill the dog(s), but it takes several hits to kill the dog. In easy mode it takes about 4-6 hits, but harder mode you play, more hits you need.

Patience.. that's what you need.
10-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If you are playing the demo the demo is over when you meet the first dog.
10-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Website Find
paisios Offline

AH HAHAHAA OK . I was staring to think that must be the problem! Thanks. Well, I guess I need to purchase now huh?
10-31-2009, 01:08 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Well, actually IF you can get past the dog, there's something little extra for you about the future game, but it's nothing big really.

But yes, you won't regret buying Penumbra series!

10-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Website Find
ROT51 Offline

(10-31-2009, 01:08 AM)paisios Wrote: AH HAHAHAA OK . I was staring to think that must be the problem! Thanks. Well, I guess I need to purchase now huh?

The demo did the trick hehe.

I reckon that you buy the full games of Overture and Black Plague. I think you'll be satisfied... until the game comes to the end... and you want more.
10-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Find