Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of course it doesn't work.. again -_-
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Of course it doesn't work.. again -_-

So I tried to make a "panel" with a sign on it. in maya. and this can't be done without maya, since it does need soem surfaces, and I failed. AGAIN?
what the fucking fuck fuck did I do wrong this time?!
I worked around 2 hours making a fucking texture, fit with an fucking sign, whic got the "transparant shit on the sides, but still has TRANSPARANT if I apply it to my main pic, which makes no sense. so I worked to make that shit done. which STILL isn't that great anyways.
Than, I applied the textures.
One is called :Siggn and other Aft.
I fucking did everything what I needed to do...
and still doesn't work -_-
Sorry, I know i'm so fucking angry, but this is the fourth time already.
In maya, it looked descent. but then, I open it in the model view, and OFCOURSE the "AFT" texture is msising, and got some purple and grey colorsm ixed (while the texture was red only...)
I really don't understand anything anymore.
maya hates me.
Yes I have Lights and Video's or something like that turned off.
Sometimes exporting works, sometimes it doesn't but the thing is, I do the same time everytime I use maya, so why the hell wouldn't it work, if ?It works the other times, while I do the exact same shit.
and I thought "maybe I can create my own monster later"
Well, definatly NOT.
I can't even create this...
Yes I watched some youtube tutorials etc etc.
Do I miss a plugin?! I have Opencollada, Maya 2011.
Blender and 3dsmax are so... something which isn't good for me.
Maya is the only thing I can do things better at.
well, my "better"seems like Worse lol
Is there really no youtuber here that made an tutorial, who made like... his own "chair" with some texture shit etc etc, and then export etc etc....
I watched jurias, but that's a monster and I can't spend that much time to create a monster, Since I can't even create my own textures.
and Mudbill ofcours,e I watched that one more then 10 times.
Amnesia custom story is something very big, there should be some tutorials about this for stupid people like me (lol)
I'm sure I did everything right, maybe I forgot something, this is what I did:
Opened maya, created a box, and then created another box, made it like round-ish etcetc.
Added 2 "lambert" and added my texture,Tried to scale my texture to fit the sign on the front.
Export this shit, as .dae, opened modelview and this.
(2 diffirent pictures)
I am so done right now ;(
08-23-2015, 12:30 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Of course it doesn't work.. again -_-

Actually don't feel quite like helping you out with all that cursing going on there.

But oh well, upload the files and I'll take a peek.
08-23-2015, 12:34 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(08-23-2015, 12:34 AM)Traggey Wrote: Actually don't feel quite like helping you out with all that cursing going on there.

But oh well, upload the files and I'll take a peek.

I'm so sorry, but This happened so many times, I'ms so angry with this. It's really frustrating, you need something and it fails, it didn't even happened once. but more times Sad

Here is download link to the files
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mryobp...ePanel.zip
Again, sorry Sad
08-23-2015, 12:54 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You should try to explain a bit better what it is you're trying to achieve here. I'm struggling to understand what you want out of this. Use simple and few words, don't bloat your text with unnecssary details. It only confuses people, so it's hard to get the big picture.

If I got this right, you made a plane in Maya with a texture, then another round cube with another texture? What's the problem, what is the result and what do you want it to end up as? Can you provide pictures?

I don't really like to help if I have to manually do all the work to find out something you could provide in 5 minutes, so please, explain.

08-23-2015, 01:15 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Your textures are .TIF files....

Convert them to DDS

And only Signn.tif can be opened, the other texture refuses to open in any of my editing software, it seems corrupted.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2015, 03:45 AM by Traggey.)
08-23-2015, 03:44 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(08-23-2015, 03:44 AM)Traggey Wrote: Your textures are .TIF files....

Convert them to DDS

And only Signn.tif can be opened, the other texture refuses to open in any of my editing software, it seems corrupted.

Oh, but when I did the dds (the other time) It didn't open in amnesia, it said ; Background.DDS could not be opened" or something like that...
but I'll try it now

(08-23-2015, 01:15 AM)Mugbill Wrote: You should try to explain a bit better what it is you're trying to achieve here. I'm struggling to understand what you want out of this. Use simple and few words, don't bloat your text with unnecssary details. It only confuses people, so it's hard to get the big picture.

If I got this right, you made a plane in Maya with a texture, then another round cube with another texture? What's the problem, what is the result and what do you want it to end up as? Can you provide pictures?

I don't really like to help if I have to manually do all the work to find out something you could provide in 5 minutes, so please, explain.

what I meant, was I made a cube, which is like red metallic, and A round-ish cube (smaller) infront of it. if you downloaded the file I placed here, you can see a "picture" that shows how it was supposed to look like.
After years of trying to fit those pictures etc, I made it, and exported it to maya.
then the "long" metallic thing BEHIND that round-ish thing, the texture is not gone, but is like pink purple grey..

Yeah.. I JUST created a new model, and added 2 textures (dds) and ofcourse it said agian (in modelview) could not view blabla.dds .. Sad
Wait, maybe I'm doing something wrong, something big.. I mean, I go to google, right click on pictures and "save as" (all files) then .dds at the back. or do I have to save as jpg or whateverm and than go to a paint tool that can EXPORT to dds?! if yes, what is best paint tool??
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2015, 02:17 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
08-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

So after another inspection, not only is your image files corrupted and the wrong format, they're not the power of 2. Textures for games must follow a certain size format, there are plenty of basic tutorials on that around the net, and even on this forum. Your sign texture is 214 X 214 pixels, which is not okay.

Common Power of 2 texture sizes are
128 x 128
256 x 256
512 X 512
1024 x 1024
2048 x 2048

These can also be mixed with eachother to create non-square textures, for example 1024 X 512

I would suggest you go learn more of the basics of modeling and texturing before you try to make game ready meshes.

I have another question ontop of that, why is the sign mesh itself so tesselated? You have so much geometry in there that isn't affecting the silhouette of the model at all, surely a simple box would do.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2015, 02:53 PM by Traggey.)
08-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(08-23-2015, 02:33 PM)Traggey Wrote: So after another inspection, not only is your image files corrupted and the wrong format, they're not the power of 2. Textures for games must follow a certain size format, there are plenty of basic tutorials on that around the net, and even on this forum. Your sign texture is 214 X 214 pixels, which is not okay.

Common Power of 2 texture sizes are
128 x 128
256 x 256
512 X 512
1024 x 1024
2048 x 2048

I would suggest you go learn more of the basics of modeling and texturing before you try to make game ready meshes.

I have another question ontop of that, why is the sign mesh itself so tesselated? You have so much geometry in there that isn't affecting the silhouette of the model at all, surely a simple box would do.

oh... thanks for that then lol, I thought that was only for planes...
and about the sign, All the time if I copied&pasted the plane to the NORMAL picture, it somehow came with it "transparancy" making it that there is a sign, and transparant NOTHING around it.. really weird, and I use paint.net
It's getting shittier for me somehow, so I just raged and id some shit.. Sad
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2015, 03:02 PM by Amnesiaplayer.)
08-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

I have no idea what you just wrote.
08-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Amnesiaplayer Wrote:and about the sign, All the time if I copied&pasted the plane to the NORMAL picture, it somehow came with it "transparancy" making it that there is a sign, and transparant NOTHING around it..

Amnesiaplayer, you will have to rewrite this part because I don't think any of us understand what it means.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Find