Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2009-11 Friday 13th(!), Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Getting Cosy
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
RE: 2009-11 Friday 13th(!), Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Getting Cosy

(11-13-2009, 06:52 PM)NorK Wrote: this game look great, but will there be a demo of this game?
At the time of release we hope to have demo as well.
11-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Find
jimbofluffy Offline

Threads: 1

Looks great guys!
11-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12

I've been trying to spread the word about Amnesia, but it seems a part of the problem is the lack of info readily available on your website (without having to dig through this forum). I've been talking about it on various message boards, and requested to shacknews.com to put it up the new video as a news item, but they would like to have more information readily available to go along with the video. Alice O'Conner, one of the shacknews staff members said this in reply to me talking about Amnesia:

"I put the trailer on FileShack/Shackvideo but didn't know anything about the game and the website wasn't too helpful, and I have an awful lot to do so spending ages digging through forums and blogs and Twitter and whatnot for a game description is a prospect I do not fancy!"

You guys should send out a quick PR email to various gaming sites like ve3d, ign, kotaku, shacknews, and gamespot with a short description of frictional, amnesia, and a link to the trailer!
11-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

We will put up some more detailed info about the game shortly as things are finally starting to clear up design-wise for us*. However, we also wanna keep a veil of mystery around the game at this point Wink It is quite some time to release (6+ months, we estimate) and just laying out too much at this point does not feel right. We think that it is better to build up with more and more info until release, making the wait for the game more fun (at least we hope so!) Smile
"A Survival Horror game for Windows, Mac and Linux about a guy that wakes up with amnesia, only knowing that something is hunting him", seems like a good start for now Smile Of course there is more stuff to find more those of you who follow the blog, forum, etc, but then we do not wanna give up too much info too easily at this point either Wink

*Making a game like this is such strange process at times especially with some gameplay elements. As our main focus in on the ambiance and horror experience and many mechanics are hard to judge until they are pretty much final. For example, figuring out if some gameplay is scary requires the graphics to be good enough, voice acting to be done, etc. So one cannot just make some simple test build and hope that it will tell if the gameplay does what we intend it to. We have seen great changes in the way one experience the game depending on graphics quality. This makes the development a bit risky at times and we learn if stuff work or not pretty late in development.
11-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12

(11-14-2009, 10:59 PM)Thomas Wrote: *Making a game like this is such strange process at times especially with some gameplay elements. As our main focus in on the ambiance and horror experience and many mechanics are hard to judge until they are pretty much final. For example, figuring out if some gameplay is scary requires the graphics to be good enough, voice acting to be done, etc. So one cannot just make some simple test build and hope that it will tell if the gameplay does what we intend it to. We have seen great changes in the way one experience the game depending on graphics quality. This makes the development a bit risky at times and we learn if stuff work or not pretty late in development.

Makes sense; I just want you guys to get an appreciable amount of attention! It irks me to see games with massive budgets, but only mediocre and repetitive gameplay, get most of the attention. I found out about Penumbra after Black Plague had came out and it was almost accidentally - I had read about a patch on a gaming news site. And had no demo been available, I would've missed out on all the fun you guys created.

I'm just trying to do my part to make sure other people don't miss out, at the very least, on hearing about frictional games.
11-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Find
Grodz Andrey Offline

Threads: 2

!!!perfect video!!!
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Website Find
Grodz Andrey Offline

And where you can download this video in good quality?
12-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You can download from http://www.gamershell.com/download_53104.shtml that is as good quality as it gets.
12-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Website Find
Grodz Andrey Offline

Thank you downloaded =)
12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Website Find
Grodz Andrey Offline

The site opened RuTube.ru channel dedicated to game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Link
http://amnesiagame.rutube.ru/ - Website RuTube.ru
http://vkontakte.ru/club11342921 - Group contact
http://penumbra.at.ua/ - Russian fan site games "Frictional Games"
12-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Website Find