Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beware of spoilers
CyberGhostface Offline

Threads: 7
Beware of spoilers

Don't know if this is the right place to say this but apparently a stream of the game has been leaked. So be careful of spoilers at least on places like the Steam forums. I'm staying off until after the release.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 05:13 AM by CyberGhostface.)
09-19-2015, 05:11 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Beware of spoilers

Arguably, every trailer we have seen is a spoiler.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-19-2015, 05:24 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

(09-19-2015, 05:24 AM)Romulator Wrote: Arguably, every trailer we have seen is a spoiler.

Here's a bucket list...

Some, no:
- Gameplay Trailer
- Environments Trailer
- E3 Trailer (the long one about dieing)

Others, probably:
- Creatures Trailer
- Story Trailer
- E3 Trailer (the one about a monster's pattern and how to avoid it)

It's because for some the monster's are hidden, and also some of them don't show off monster's. Just watch out...
09-19-2015, 06:55 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(09-19-2015, 05:11 AM)CyberGhostface Wrote: Don't know if this is the right place to say this but apparently a stream of the game has been leaked. So be careful of spoilers at least on places like the Steam forums. I'm staying off until after the release.

Thanks for the heads up. I had a quick glance at the thread in question; it ain't pretty. I recommend staying well away from the Steam forums until after you've played the game, they're even talking about the game's ending in there. Luckily I clicked out of it before I got anything spoiled, but yeah, this is worse than the much-maligned AAMFP PewDiePie spoilers from 2013.

Would be a shame for anyone who's been on the FG forums following SOMA's development for all these years to have the game ruined in 5 minutes by a band of unscrupulous twats, so I think it's lockdown time. Stay on the FG forums until late next week at the earliest!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 08:41 AM by Paddy™.)
09-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

Seconding that. AVOID STEAM FORUMS!!!

Basically some twat broke NDA/embargo and is leaking the game. And now a bunch of arseholes are whining over how the game doesn't meet their standards, for which most of them pretty much are blatantly trolling or were just simple-minded morons who only wanted Frictional to create a TDD Expansion/Copy, when Frictional has said time and time again they were going for something different and psychological.

I won't take anyone who makes their opinion just by watching a few streams, without actually immersing themselves in the game, seriously. I certainly won't trust someone who willfully breaks NDA and probably plays it terribly as well (guessing they're rushing through, not bothering to look around and explore, etc.). If they're complaining this much about performance too I really have to wonder. A lot of the BETA streams I watched showed very good performance.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 08:44 AM by PathOS.)
09-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Now that is depressing. I feel sad for FG, several dev years to see some assholes crack your game.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 09:12 AM by Slanderous.)
09-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

Well, even if it's not a troll, it's just one guy's opinion. You can't expect that EVERYONE will love your game.
I did read what the guy said in the steam forums about the other guy's review tho (the steam post does not contain spoilers, just talking about technical stuff) so nothing ruined for me.

But I know that everything will be fine Smile

This forum is dead
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2015, 10:41 AM by TiManGames.)
09-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Find
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2

(09-19-2015, 08:42 AM)PathOS Wrote: Basically some twat broke NDA/embargo and is leaking the game. And now a bunch of arseholes are whining over how the game doesn't meet their standards, for which most of them pretty much are blatantly trolling or were just simple-minded morons who only wanted Frictional to create a TDD Expansion/Copy, when Frictional has said time and time again they were going for something different and psychological.

Damn, that sucks.

Apparently there's a big twist of some sort pretty soon into the game so do indeed try to avoid any leaks. Thomas did mention let's players and reviewers not being allowed to spoil a certain part, but there's always some cunt like that.
09-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

What an arsehole.

I'm avoiding the steam forums like the plague.

I'm even sad thinking that I might have to avoid these forums when the game comes out.

I won't be playing the game until December, as I'm going for a fairly serious operation that involves a lot of recovery time. I'll use that time to fully enjoy soma.
09-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Find