Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Depth Was A Hoax
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Depth Was A Hoax

(10-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Did you check the resumés I posted earlier from some of the cast and crew members? They all mention Depth. Why would these people deliberately lie in their CVs? That wouldn't be good for their reputation in the industry.
Who said they were lying? Just because they may have had plans working on Depth or did that for a short period of time (until it turned into Transmission) and specified that they did - does not mean Depth exist tho. If it did, we wouldn't have this discussion in a first place, simple as that. It is not like the doubt started because we were bored or something.

Noisecode
Chill out, you turned this discussion into something way too personal.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 09:35 PM by Kein.)
10-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-05-2015, 09:34 PM)Kein Wrote: Who said they were lying? Just because they may have had plans working on Depth or did that for a short period of time (until it turned into Transmission) and specified that they did - does not mean Depth exist tho. If it did, we wouldn't have this discussion in a first place, simple as that. It is not like the doubt started because we were bored or something.

But Kein, that's why it wasn't a hoax. It existed at some point (or exists?), it wasn't a fabricated lie meant to deceive people.

It seems that you're not fully aware of what the word "hoax" implies, or you wouldn't have said that "Depth Was A Hoax" is a correct statement.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 09:44 PM by Ashtoreth.)
10-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1

Quote:Noisecode

Have I now? I wasnt aware you could read my mind or sense my emotions. And I'm the reason we are having this discussion in the first place as it was my question Thomas Grip answered and then the rest of you lot, with a few exceptions, ran with and had a knee jerk reaction full of misinterpetations.

You still haven't answered my question, which to be honest, was asked with some degree of civility. You don't have to, of course. If I were you I would avoid answering it too ;-)

[Image: signature015.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 10:29 PM by Noisecode.)
10-05-2015, 10:27 PM
Find
Sonador Offline

Threads: 0

(10-05-2015, 09:34 PM)Kein Wrote: Noisecode
You should probably not be giving instructions to people getting irritated at you for claiming something's a hoax and disproving it as a hoax in the same post tbh

The case has been made with plenty of concrete evidence the movie exists, just because it's not presently a feature length film in theaters does not mean it is a hoax

It cannot be a hoax, pieces of it in its present form currently exist and are readily accessible. Any argument stating otherwise is objectively incorrect in reflection of this.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 08:09 AM by Sonador.)
10-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Some clarifications:

- These episodes are not 100% canon, hence the whole "inspired by" at the start.

- From the get-go the intention was to release this as episodes and not as a movie. To be able to cut it all into a movie was to be a fun extra if possible, but never the main intention.

- The episodes were meant to be released prior to SOMA's launch, but due to various issues they were delayed and we decided to release them post-launch instead.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 08:44 AM by Thomas.)
10-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7

(10-06-2015, 08:42 AM)Thomas Wrote: Some clarifications:

- These episodes are not 100% canon, hence the whole "inspired by" at the start.

- From the get-go the intention was to release this as episodes and not as a movie. To be able to cut it all into a movie was to be a fun extra if possible, but never the main intention.

- The episodes were meant to be released prior to SOMA's launch, but due to various issues they were delayed and we decided to release them post-launch instead.

That does explain the quality Big Grin well see!

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
10-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1

Thank you Thomas.

Sorry Kein...... You were saying ? Cool Cool

[Image: signature015.jpg]
10-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

And here we go, thanks for actual clarification, took a heated (and some people took it very personal for no apparent reason) discussion to draw it out of you guys.

It does proves my point that as a movie Depth never existed. Nobody yet provided a single solid evidence that movie was announced or it was supposed to be a movie and as Thomas said they planned it to be series from the start. Though, calling it web-series is a bit generous, more like mini-web-series since the format is very non-standard.

A bit of poor communication on the creator's side, they should have mentioned it wasn't supposed to be a full-fledged movie but rather series of shorts.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

On a totally separate note.........

Hey guys Smile

I'm waiting to play the game, while recoverning from surgery, but I'm very interested in these 'transmissions'.

Thomas said they were originally meant for before SOMA, so am I OK to watch these first?

Cheers all
10-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

The series of transmissions take place before the events of SOMA, so you should be good Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Find