Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromatic Abberation
Hal9000
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Chromatic Abberation
Hello Frictional Games,

According to this interview: http://www.dsogaming.com/interviews/fric...h-details/ CA can be turned off. However, I can't find the appropiate option within the Video-Section. Is there a .ini-File to be modified? I really hate this effect and would be very glad to turn it off.

Kind Regards
09-22-2015, 08:53 AM
nebej Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Chromatic Abberation
The effect is only active when the player is hurt. So it is not used as a post effect filter
You can turn it off in the options menu:

Options > Game > Color Separation
09-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4
I got hit enough to get hurt but not killed, and the color abberation seems to have gotten stuck on. I figured it would be like Amnesia where you slowly recovered, but it's already been a few minutes and it's still there. Is this intended, and if not, is there a way to fix it? It's a nice effect so I'd prefer not to turn it off, but I may have to for now at least. Maybe at the next enemy I can purposefully die to reset it or something.
09-24-2015, 07:32 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11
The only way I've found to heal yourself after getting severely injured is to stick your hand in one of those fleshy pods. Just waiting doesn't seem to do it, so the injured effect will remain on until you do so.
09-24-2015, 07:40 AM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4
Hmm, interesting! It's certainly gone away now that I've touched another one of those things, so I guess no issue here other than me being confused.

EDIT: Now that I think back I realize I didn't quite understand a crucial tutorial earlier. It makes much more sense now, even the symbol should have tipped me off. Thanks for clearing that up.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 08:13 AM by someone972.)
09-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Firstly I also disliked that effect, but now I think different. It's a nice death consequence and there are enough "healing stations" in the environment for removing this effect.
09-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.