Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash in some place all the time
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Crash in some place all the time

Is there a patch for GOG version already?
Can't understand, is there one or not :/
09-24-2015, 07:16 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

No patch on GOG yet, trying to fix more issues before we send out an update.
09-24-2015, 09:25 AM
Website Find
Bool Offline

Threads: 1

I'm having the same issue. When can we expect the update to arrive on GOG?
09-25-2015, 12:44 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

If the beta turns out to be stable then we will hopefully send the new files today. If not we'll try and put up temp files here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30584.html that you can use until proper patch is available.
09-25-2015, 07:23 AM
Website Find
economo Offline

Threads: 0

Another Ubuntu 14.04 AMD on GOG crashing at Wan here.

Is there a patch or workaround available outside of Steam? I tried the "MALLOC_CHECK_=0" environment variable, but this just delayed the CTD by a few seconds.

Thanks.
09-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Find
Unregistered

Having the same issue on Mint 17.2 with the GOG version. When will the patch for GOG come out?
09-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

It’s not very nice to hold back fixes to game-breaking bugs for users of one of the distribution platforms. At least give us an ETA (”maybe hopefully today” doesn’t count).
09-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

From what I've gathered, it's not that easy to just push out several updates a day to GOG. I think the restriction lies there. They have pushed out a couple updates to Steam, so they are definitely sending them out as they're ready, and I doubt they would intentionally hold back such an update if there wasn't something else hindering them. They want as many people to enjoy the game as possible, so it would be counter-intuitive for everyone involved.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 10:22 PM by Mudbill.)
09-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Find
Unregistered

I have to agree. They aren't doing this deliberately as that wouldn't make any sense at all. I'm sure the team is working hard and doing everything they can. Cut them some slack. I understand it can be aggravating not being able to play the game, but they're just human and bugs happen. Just be patient, they'll get it to us GOG users soon.
09-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I didn’t mean to imply that they’re doing it deliberately, but if GOG is preventing them from pushing updates in short intervals, they should probably say so.

Well, now that you mention it, I’ve seen this with several titles on GOG, so at least it’s a plausible explanation. GOG haven’t really figured out how to distribute updates properly either, especially on Linux (a client application is NOT the right way to do it).
It’d be so easy to just get an intern to set up a private instance of OBS to build packages for some of the major distributions, along with incremental (delta) updates, but for some reason none of the distributors or developers seem to have thought of that Tongue
09-26-2015, 06:59 PM