Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashes at first achievement, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011), AMD Radeon HD 6750M
heidarson
Unregistered

Not Solved Crashes at first achievement, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011), AMD Radeon HD 6750M
I reached the point where i get my first achievement.
The game has played perfectly this far, but now it crashes. Spinning ball, had to restart the entire computer, so about as bad as it gets...
The game has played perfectly so far, not a single glitch. Its a damn good game, and my old machine has been able to handle it like a champ, hope there is a solutions to this.
09-22-2015, 06:40 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Not Solved RE: Crashes at first achievement, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011), AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Please post the hpl.log file as described in the troubleshooting guide under problem x. Please run the game until it crashes and then take the hpl.log file so it contains the correct info.
09-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Website Find
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: Crashes at first achievement, MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011), AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Hmm, i may have spoken too soon. It may actually have been a problem with overheating.
The computer crashed again and then had problems restarting. I noticed that it was boiling hot, however–i hadn't noticed at first since I had been using a separate screen and keyboard.
I waited for a while for it to cool down. I then had another attempt and it seems to be working perfectly again. No glitches per the 2013 Mac Pro in the other thread. I'm keeping the computer in a more cool place now and continuing with the game, I'll mark this thread as solved once Ive confirmed that its really the heating and not something with the game.
(Sorry stealthbug, seems like it wasn't the same thing. but there is clearly some hardcore stuff going on at that precise moment, as that was the point my computer "melted")
09-22-2015, 07:31 PM
heidarson Offline

Threads: 0
(p.s. the Guest above is me, OP. I've registered now.
I attached the hpl.log file in the first post but the forum system has been a bit weird on me, perhaps because i was an unregistered user)
09-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Find
heidarson Offline

Threads: 0
Yeah, game working like a dream now. Just need to make sure the laptop doesn't overheat, taking the typical precautions. I started the thread as an unregistered guest, so can't mark this as 'solved'...
09-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.