Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throw an object key
gudok
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Throw an object key
Hi, guys!

I found a minor bug with key bindings. I play with "Jump" and "Cancel Interact" switched: Jump is <right mouse> and Cancel Interact is <space>. But throwing an object is still triggered by pressing <right mouse>! So, when I press <right mouse>, I both jump and throw an object simultaneously.

My expectation is that throwing an object is the same as "Cancel Interact" (<space> in my case).

This was encountered playing Steam version on Mac.
09-22-2015, 09:19 PM
PeterL Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Throw an object key
I'm surprised that you can't bind another key for throwing, I used to bind Page Down (unless that was the default in Amnesia)
09-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Find
TmcD Offline

Threads: 0
Hi all!
Great game, I'm really enjoying it!
I'm experiencing a similar bug. I try to rebind interact button to another key but the left mouse button still retains some interact function, similarly the right mouse button also retains cancel interaction function. I like to play only using mouse so I bind left MB to forward and right MB to interact, but when I try holding an object, it just pushes it a little. The workaround I used is to use the right MB to walk and left MB to interact, but because I rebind a mouse key the problem still remains, I cannot hold an object and walk at the same time, doing that causes the object to be thrown. There is some kind of mouse key bug that prevent the game from completely unbinding a function from a mouse key.

Edit: Grammar correction, not a native english speaker
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 05:44 PM by TmcD.)
09-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Find
gudok
Unregistered

Found a solution.

It turned out that there exists separate key binding for Throw an object event, but it is not accessible through game`s menu.

I edited configuration file and now everything works as expected. Smile

~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Soma/Main/*_user_keys.cfg

<Throw Primary="Keyboard.Space" Secondary="" />
09-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.