Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMA won't launch/Freezes on black screen
puellaignava
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago SOMA won't launch/Freezes on black screen
I bought SOMA off Steam and it downloaded all fine and dandy but I can't get it to even load. Mostly, the screen will flash black a few times and then just like freeze on a black screen. Clicking anywhere results in an error msg that reads"Soma.exe has stopped working" or something to that effect.

I did the graphics card troubleshooting and it looked like it might actually work, cause I think I got to the start screen before it froze again. It was like fractured pixels and on the bottom was a load bar sort of thing? I could see on the left hand "options" and "start" or something. But it froze and I couldn't click on anything. That only made it show the above mentioned error msg again.

Computer info:
OS-7 64 bit
Processor-AMD Athlon II 170u, ~2ghz
Ram-6gb
DirectX11
ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Display- 1400X1050

If I need to provide more I can...I'm really not sure what to do ):

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.17 KB / Downloads: 130)
09-23-2015, 03:18 AM
nebej Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: SOMA won't launch/Freezes on black screen
Your graphic card is too old to play the game unfortunately. If it still doesnt work after updating your drivers then theres not much else you can do
09-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Find
puellaignava Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: SOMA won't launch/Freezes on black screen
(09-23-2015, 07:17 AM)nebej Wrote: Your graphic card is too old to play the game unfortunately. If it still doesnt work after updating your drivers then theres not much else you can do

I did that, I thought. I went through the stuff in the graphics card troubleshooting guide, did I maybe miss something?

Ok AMD says I have the latest drivers installed. What other options do you think I have? (IE: do I need a new comp or what? This one is p old....)
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 07:29 PM by puellaignava.)
09-23-2015, 07:18 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.