Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the story
alr343 Offline

Threads: 1
Question about the story

Hello

I missed some things about the story at the beginning and now I'm all confused.
I just have 3 quick questions.

How did the very first Simon copy got into the facility? (Who transfered that copy into the facility)
How did Simon get the water-type suit after he is unconcious?

The last one is...

What happens if you don't kill your past body in Omicron?.
Will he regain conscious and go insane? or will he die eventually?.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 05:30 PM by alr343.)
09-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Find
1minus1is0 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Question about the story

Without going into long expositions that you can read elsewhere:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soma/comments/3...e_written/

https://www.reddit.com/r/soma/comments/3..._spoilers/

The short answers are:

1) Simon-2 (The Simon in the softsuit) is an AI construct, not a scan of a person, that WAU built from scratch based on the brainscan template of Simon from 2015 (Simon-Prime). We know this from a number of sources within the game, but I won't bore you with citation.

2) I am not sure what you are referring to. Simon-2 was always in a soft water suit, but the human conciousness has self-defense mechanisms to protect it from the stress of existential body horror. Simon-2 just originally hallucinated having human skin hands.

3) There is room for interpretation on this. However, we do know that both Simon-2's and Simon-3's physical bodies are nigh immortal and nearly indestructible. As far as the personalities, it is possible that:

A) the psychological stress outright killed his personality
B) The psychological stress caused him to black out for a few just like when a monster "gets you".
C) Catherine-2 shut him off on a time delay (unlikely)
D) Catherine-2 outright killed him and created the option for you only as a stress reliever (possible)
E) He will regain consciousness and go insane
F) He will regain consciousness and not go insane

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I can help point out my interpretations or cite sources for you to form your own opinions.
09-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Find
alr343 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Question about the story

(09-23-2015, 06:59 PM)1minus1is0 Wrote: Without going into long expositions that you can read elsewhere:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soma/comments/3...e_written/

https://www.reddit.com/r/soma/comments/3..._spoilers/

The short answers are:

1) Simon-2 (The Simon in the softsuit) is an AI construct, not a scan of a person, that WAU built from scratch based on the brainscan template of Simon from 2015 (Simon-Prime). We know this from a number of sources within the game, but I won't bore you with citation.

2) I am not sure what you are referring to. Simon-2 was always in a soft water suit, but the human conciousness has self-defense mechanisms to protect it from the stress of existential body horror. Simon-2 just originally hallucinated having human skin hands.

3) There is room for interpretation on this. However, we do know that both Simon-2's and Simon-3's physical bodies are nigh immortal and nearly indestructible. As far as the personalities, it is possible that:

A) the psychological stress outright killed his personality
B) The psychological stress caused him to black out for a few just like when a monster "gets you".
C) Catherine-2 shut him off on a time delay (unlikely)
D) Catherine-2 outright killed him and created the option for you only as a stress reliever (possible)
E) He will regain consciousness and go insane
F) He will regain consciousness and not go insane

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions I can help point out my interpretations or cite sources for you to form your own opinions.

Ohhh okay.
It makes sense now.

Ty for explaining so clearly.

Thanks again!.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 07:20 PM by alr343.)
09-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Find