Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster in Tau
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Monster in Tau

I finished SOMA. The best game for years. Have still a lot of questions. Review is coming. But the Tau monster was hard to escape - no time for exploration. I was just running somewhere until there was a ladder that I climbed up.
09-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7

Now u understand why i think it is so weird and annoying Big Grin That stalker dude with the spacesuit?

Its completly harmless. U can even walk against him as long as u dont show any fast movement or attacking. But he always knows were u are...

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
09-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Find
PeterL Offline

Threads: 2

Can someone do me a favour, can I get a saved game after getting into the escape pod. This spacesuit guy/girl keeps killing me..... I run as fast as I can, but when going down freeking stairs, I get stuck on them/their hand-rails every damn time, either them or I hit the wall above the stairs.

Please, I tried 15 times, starting to annoy me. I beg.

Side note: What's the fascination with water monsters with Frictional Games!
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 01:44 PM by PeterL.)
09-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4

(09-25-2015, 08:52 AM)Googolplex Wrote: I finished SOMA. The best game for years. Have still a lot of questions. Review is coming. But the Tau monster was hard to escape - no time for exploration. I was just running somewhere until there was a ladder that I climbed up.

I was so eager to finally meet tentacle-face since I first saw him in a screenshot. I wish I could take that wish back :T Probably on par with if not harder than the Alien in Alien: Isolation. Guy just wouldn't give up. The best thing to do is to just do make him notice you till he starts wigging out and awkwardly running at you, then you lead him in a circle. Same with the other airlock door.
09-26-2015, 03:07 PM
Find
humanoid Offline

Threads: 3

Attached a savegame from directly afterwards, just place it in your SOMA save folder (if you turn around and go back the ladder you can get in that area again if you want)

Though I did choose to kill the WAU in that one so if you made a different choice it might be better to try it yourself.

In case you want a strategy, I did it similar to what caffeine4671 described and lured the monster in a circle first before running for the second airlock door and hiding in the room near it, waiting for it to open.

Side note: This was the first and only time in the game where I died Tongue
He completely surprised me after that first airlock opened so he got me right there and then I ran down the corridor in panic, only for him to decide to chase me again a few seconds afterwards, completely finishing me off.

Well played Frictional Games, well played Tongue

Attached Files
.zip   AutoSave_04-02-tau-inside_2015_9_26_17_18_57_0.zip (Size: 882.93 KB / Downloads: 136)
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 04:37 PM by humanoid.)
09-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Find
PeterL Offline

Threads: 2

Much appreciated.... Having a physical disability can be a pita!
09-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Find
kojack Offline

Threads: 0

Damn Tau monster.
I've found his weakness though. He can open the electrical doors, but not swinging doors. I'm hiding in the diving suit cupboard (jump then crouch to squeeze in), I can open the door, strobe him with my flashlight and shut the door again, he just stomps around angrily for a bit then leaves. But never for more than a few seconds, so my plan isn't exactly as good as I'd hoped. Sad
09-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6

[quote='Googolplex' pid='326178' dateline='1443101031']Hmm, I want to play and I don't know how to explore the rooms when there is no time.HuhHuhHuh

Would be better if you could lock the security doors to shut out the monster./quote]

I felt exactly the same way. It didn't matter how quiet you were, it knows where you are and its path will eventually take it to you.
09-29-2015, 06:39 AM
Find
kojack Offline

Threads: 0

I finally got past him.
I hid just in the broken hallway to the right of the pressure door to his area. I watched him walk out and head to the round broken room opposite the door. I crawled out and went through the door. I kept it in crouch mode and headed for the second pressure door.
So far so good.
I activated the door and sat there against it. As it opened, I squeezed through and crawled towards the ladder.
Just as I reached the ladder I did a quick spin around. He was about 2 feet behind me! ARGH! I spun back and started to climb just as he attacked. I made it.
(I wasn't wearing my headphones on that run, I didn't expect it to work, so I didn't hear him approach)
09-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Find
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16

I noticed that when you look directly at the Tau monster, it slows down, walking towards you instead of running. Maybe we are meant to keep it in the line of sight while slowly moving back away from it, with the flashlight off, while making no noise. This might be its weak spot!
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 11:34 AM by Omnitool.)
10-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Find