Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster in Tau
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Monster in Tau

Hi,

actually I arrived Tau. There is a monster I am unable to escape. It is too fast and catches me all the time when I want to explore the environments, computers etc. There is no time to explore and when I just run the way through the location the monster is always behind me. I think this is too frustrating.

So, how do you escape?
09-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Find
Ded3 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Monster in Tau

(09-24-2015, 01:59 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Hi,

actually I arrived Tau. There is a monster I am unable to escape. It is too fast and catches me all the time when I want to explore the environments, computers etc. There is no time to explore and when I just run the way through the location the monster is always behind me. I think this is too frustrating.

So, how do you escape?

The monster in Tau is pretty hard, i think it may react a little like the disco head monster on the sunken ship in that it gets attracted to you if you look at it too much. The way i got past it was just by trying to predict where it was and move down hallways it wasn't moving down. You can sort of influence where it goes by opening doors as it also gets attracted to this.
09-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(09-24-2015, 02:14 PM)Ded3 Wrote: The monster in Tau is pretty hard, i think it may react a little like the disco head monster on the sunken ship in that it gets attracted to you if you look at it too much. The way i got past it was just by trying to predict where it was and move down hallways it wasn't moving down. You can sort of influence where it goes by opening doors as it also gets attracted to this.

Thanks for your answer, but I think this wouldn't help me. I already figured out how monsters react and I'm very familiar with the gameplay. But I think the monster is just frustrating and doesn't make the game scarier. I prefer a monster that is slow and stupid like that one in Omicron which stands around the area where you have to take the accumulator. But this one is too fast and catches me all the time.Huh

Hmm, I want to play and I don't know how to explore the rooms when there is no time.HuhHuhHuh

Would be better if you could lock the security doors to shut out the monster.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 02:26 PM by Googolplex.)
09-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Find
Atwa Offline

There isn't much to explore there, a few notes and stuff. You have to look at them when he is not attacking.

He reacts to sounds, and closing/opening doors will make him come. I just ran around him constantly.
09-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Find
PeterL Offline

Threads: 2

(09-24-2015, 02:14 PM)Ded3 Wrote: the disco head monster on the sunken ship in that it gets attracted to you if you look at it too much.
Is that the monster who appears after you pull a 3rd black thing out from the socket? How the hell do you escape it? You always fall backwards dazed, therefore, you have no time once you attempt to get up. Am I missing a health pod somewhere?
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 06:16 PM by PeterL.)
09-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Find
Ded3 Offline

(09-24-2015, 06:14 PM)PeterL Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 02:14 PM)Ded3 Wrote: the disco head monster on the sunken ship in that it gets attracted to you if you look at it too much.
Is that the monster who appears after you pull a 3rd black thing out from the socket? How the hell do you escape it? You always fall backwards dazed, therefore, you have no time once you attempt to get up. Am I missing a health pod somewhere?

Do you mean when u remove the tendrils from the power to allow the ship to power up? After you do that I think you are supposed to just run away as fast as you can for the submersible where Catherine is rather than sneaking from the monster. Hope this makes sense!
09-24-2015, 06:26 PM
Find
PeterL Offline

(09-24-2015, 06:26 PM)Ded3 Wrote: Do you mean when u remove the tendrils from the power to allow the ship to power up? After you do that I think you are supposed to just run away as fast as you can for the submersible where Catherine is rather than sneaking from the monster. Hope this makes sense!
Yes, and that makes sense, however, the monster comes from the doorway where you need to run to? I couldn't find another exit
09-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Find
Ded3 Offline

(09-24-2015, 06:36 PM)PeterL Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 06:26 PM)Ded3 Wrote: Do you mean when u remove the tendrils from the power to allow the ship to power up? After you do that I think you are supposed to just run away as fast as you can for the submersible where Catherine is rather than sneaking from the monster. Hope this makes sense!
Yes, and that makes sense, however, the monster comes from the doorway where you need to run to? I couldn't find another exit

I can't remember exactly which way I went, I may have been hit by the monster but had enough health to continue onwards. The environments in SOMA can get very disorientating I guess I was just lucky enough to run the correct way!
09-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Find
BrokenJadeMirror Offline

(09-24-2015, 01:59 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Hi,

So, how do you escape?

It'll be tricky to explore the rooms with the monster running around. I just counted all of the potential side-information as a loss and focused my attention on getting past the monster to the next area, which was stressful enough xD

(09-24-2015, 06:36 PM)PeterL Wrote: Yes, and that makes sense, however, the monster comes from the doorway where you need to run to? I couldn't find another exit

Once you see the disco head, run in the complete opposite direction and retrace your steps back to Catherine. The monster shouldn't be in your path but if it is, I've found that I can run directly past some monsters and survive.
09-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Find
EnDash Offline

if you crouch and look away from the monster without moving, eventually the monster will go away. there is 1 room with a computer in it, if you crouch and move under the computer there is a pretty good hiding spot.

one tip, when you phone call from the computer you don't actually have to look at the monitor, you can leave and crouch and the audio will play in the background.

it's not perfect, the monster goes away too slowly and comes back really fast. but if you are patient you can explore everything.
09-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Find