Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic Bug - missing Textures
infin8
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Graphic Bug - missing Textures
Good Morning,

I have been experiencing a problem with textures that do not appear to load properly. I noticed the issue during the "Outside Upsilon" level, right after the communication station flooded, so fairly early in the game. It appears that certain wall textures do not load no matter what graphic settings I try. Reloading previous save points also have no effect on the issue. This results in invisible barriers with certain objects, like starfish, coral, and buttons, floating attached to the missing texture. This issue is consistent with rock walls, concrete walls, and tube walls, not loading from that point of the game on.

I have gone through both troubleshooting guides with no luck. I have uninstalled the game and am trying a fresh install this afternoon after work. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Specs:
Intel 2600K @ 4.8ghz, Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2x4gb 8-8-8-24
ATI XFX R9 280X Black Edition - with latest drivers
Windows 10 64 Bit

Regards,
09-25-2015, 01:36 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Graphic Bug - missing Textures
Have you verified the cache integrity? It sounds like you are missing some assets. Ff you have uninstalled the game, then reinstalling it should do the same as a cache integrity check.
09-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Website Find
Unregistered

(09-25-2015, 02:04 PM)jens Wrote: Have you verified the cache integrity? It sounds like you are missing some assets. Ff you have uninstalled the game, then reinstalling it should do the same as a cache integrity check.

Alright I will post back here later in the day once I have the results of the reinstall. Thanks!
09-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Re-install fixed the issue. Thanks jens!
09-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.