Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Music for HPL3 modders
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13
Custom Music for HPL3 modders

I'm pretty thankful that the FMod tools don't require use of a Windows machine.

That being said, while I'm out of town at the moment, I'm tempted to start diving into the modding scene by making an alternate soundtrack for SOMA like I did for Amnesia. I certainly feel my electronic atmospheres would fit better for science fiction than for fantasy set in the 19th century.

Only concern, other than how many pieces I'd need to replace: how many of you want non-exclusive music for your mods? I'll hopefully be working directly for a few HPL3 mods anyway, but still, let me know if you're interested in this ambitious project of mine. Smile

09-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27
RE: Custom Music for HPL3 modders

Sounds like a great idea, so I'd say go for it!
SFX is not that simple so your contributions will be much appreciated.

- Inactive account -
09-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

great news ^^ i love your tracks, i'm one of those who like synthwave in general and yes they're definitely fitting for SOMA a lot more than amnesia. a question, this alternate soundtrack will be free to use in mods? i was told that your alternate amnesia soundtrack has copyright issues so i haven't used it in my amnesia mods

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 09:13 AM by KiraImmortal.)
09-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

(09-27-2015, 09:12 AM)KiraImmortal Wrote: great news ^^ i love your tracks, i'm one of those who like synthwave in general and yes they're definitely fitting for SOMA a lot more than amnesia. a question, this alternate soundtrack will be free to use in mods? i was told that your alternate amnesia soundtrack has copyright issues so i haven't used it in my amnesia mods

Well, my music for Amnesia: The Great Work in particular causes embedding of ads for YouTube videos. That was admittedly my fault; I was obsessed with compensation to the point that I hadn't thought of the consequences until I got overloaded with questions about it.

What I'm trying to say is that this next project will be free for people to use, though expect me to release the tracks on a name-your-price (which includes free) basis on Bandcamp. No need to worry about YouTube, in other words.

09-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

thanks for the answer, looking forward to that stuff anyways Smile

09-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Find