Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launcher/In-Game Settings won't work when applied
Arkos Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Launcher/In-Game Settings won't work when applied

Hey there!

My specs are:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel i5 3570k
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780
Native resolution: 1920 x 1080

Problem: I'm utterly frustrated by how stubborn the launcher and in-game settings are. It just won't change.

Here's my Frictional Games game history.

A long time ago, I've played (in chronological order) Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Desura), the Penumbra series (Steam) and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (Steam) on Intel integrated graphics, in 1360 x 768 fullscreen resolution.

Between the last time I played Machine for Pigs and early this year, I bought an Nvidia card and a larger monitor that supports 1920 x 1080 resolution. Last Friday, I installed the Dark Descent on steam, just so I could play Penumbra Necrologue (steam workshop version). Necrologue seems to have its' own configurations and it worked amazingly at 1920 x 1080. (I don't know if mods or full conversions screw up Dark Descent configs.) At this point in time, the steam and desura versions of Dark Descent coexisted.

On Tuesday, SOMA was released. I installed and played the heck out of it.

Fast forward to today. I was in the mood for some custom stories. I started Amnesia: The Dark Descent through the launcher. I pressed autodetect and launched. The game ran just fine. I got greeted by a hideous and pale "default" resolution (1360 x 768. Yep, my old resolution). I exited the game, manually applied the resolution and launched. Same resolution. Tried applying in-game. Exit. Launch. STILL the same resolution.

I've tried everything. I've deleted any and all configs in My Documents, my graphics driver is up to date, the other games have been uninstalled...except SOMA.

Here's a bonus: When I'm on the profile select screen, I can't create a profile under my name. It insists that it exists already.

Are there any fixes I've missed?

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 12:48 AM by Arkos.)
09-27-2015, 12:47 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Launcher/In-Game Settings won't work when applied

The issue must be that one of your amnesia copies do not have write permissions in your documents. You can go to the properties of the exe file and check off "run as administrator" to fix that. Perhaps you can alternatively edit the permissions on the amnesia folder in your documents. Maybe since the desura copy created it, it didn't allow write permissions to the steam copy. Maybe permissions are stored elsewhere and so recreating the folder didn't help. Not sure.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 03:46 AM by Mudbill.)
09-27-2015, 03:45 AM
Find
Arkos Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Launcher/In-Game Settings won't work when applied

Hrmm. Well then. This is embarrassing. I solved my own problem. The Amnesia save folder was hidden. I have NO idea how that happened. Thanks for the help though, Mugbill.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 05:20 AM by Arkos.)
09-27-2015, 05:18 AM
Find