Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trackball Mouse is failing to click on certain things in game.
pyromaniac182s Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Trackball Mouse is failing to click on certain things in game.

First of all I would like to say that I noticed that someone did talk about a problem with their trackball but nobody replied to that person. The issue I'm having is whenever I look at computer monitors (the one's in the game) my mouse can't reach the back button in the bottom left corner so the only way I can get out is by pressing the right mouse button and if I get in a situation where I have to press the back button I just press the right mouse button and get my mouse in a position so that when pressing it rapidly I will eventually click back. Pretty annoying issue that needs to be fixed. If I go into key bindings the farthest down I can go is run and that's it. Can't click reset to default or anything else below run. There may be other things the mouse can't reach i'm just not aware of them right now. I've left 3 tweets on twitter and haven't heard anything so I thought I would go into more detail here and hopefully someone would reply. There are others out there with trackball problems so this is an issue that needs fixing. Sorry for the long story and thank you for reading.
09-27-2015, 04:59 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Trackball Mouse is failing to click on certain things in game.

Well, the first thing I can ask for you is to determine if your trackball mouse drivers are up to date by checking with the manufacturer's website. If they are not, then that would be the first thing to try and fix.

Have you perhaps tried playing at a lower resolution or in windowed mode if you're not doing so already?

If neither of these help, then I recommend posting the hpl.log file, as stated at Problem X of the Troubleshooting guide here: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30585.html It can give us an idea of your system and other generic settings you are using in SOMA.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Find