Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Front-flesh" and retconning
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4
"Front-flesh" and retconning

I suppose that some retconning has been going on. Is it just me or does the WAU seem more benevolent and dumb than in earlier versions of the game? It's almost like they threw it out and went "Nope, nope, human beings r bad n stuff the AIs really super duper cool and misunderstood"

What about Adam Golaski's supposed contact with the 'frontflesh', according to info garnered from this page: Golaski and the 'Frontflesh' in a casting call for depth

This is very strange with all that we now know about the WAU and its lack of true sentience or comprehension of its actions. Retcon or what? Also, the 'Warning Message' from Imogen Reed now comes off as very puzzling and out of left field. Undecided Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 01:40 AM by caffeine4671.)
09-28-2015, 01:39 AM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1
RE: "Front-flesh" and retconning

(09-28-2015, 01:39 AM)caffeine4671 Wrote: I suppose that some retconning has been going on. Is it just me or does the WAU seem more benevolent and dumb than in earlier versions of the game? It's almost like they threw it out and went "Nope, nope, human beings r bad n stuff the AIs really super duper cool and misunderstood"

What about Adam Golaski's supposed contact with the 'frontflesh', according to info garnered from this page: Golaski and the 'Frontflesh' in a casting call for depth

This is very strange with all that we now know about the WAU and its lack of true sentience or comprehension of its actions. Retcon or what? Also, the 'Warning Message' from Imogen Reed now comes off as very puzzling and out of left field. Undecided Thoughts?

I don't think Imogen's warning message is out of left field..... not really anyways.

The documentation on that message states she is wearing a Ductile suit (diving suit) and is trying to communicate, and that the message was retrieved from a faulty lumar buoy which originated near Upsilon.

Spoiler below!

Meaning that Depth likely explains how Imogen's body ends up in the pilot seat and simon's consciousness takes over. at least that's my theory.

Speaking of Imogen... Has anyone else noticed that......

Spoiler below!

Her hair in Depth is nearly identical to her hair in her Pathos 2 ID shot. Maybe just a coincidence but.....kind of a startling one....

[Image: bbxha9gh.jpg]

[Image: HeUHygEh.jpg]

[Image: signature015.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 02:19 AM by Noisecode.)
09-28-2015, 02:11 AM
Find
Kingdom Offline

Threads: 0

Where is Depth? I registered for this. Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 02:58 AM by Kingdom.)
09-28-2015, 02:56 AM
Find
caffeine4671 Offline

Threads: 4

True, but what about the supposed 'frontflesh' that was talked about at that point?

EDIT: Lol nevermind. The frontflesh feeds Golaski's coffee addiction.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 05:44 PM by caffeine4671.)
09-28-2015, 06:05 AM
Find