Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FULL GAME SPOILERS] Who were the Monsters?
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: [FULL GAME SPOILERS] Who were the Monsters?

(10-05-2015, 09:16 AM)humanoid Wrote: Hence the appendix "(that gets mentioned in the game)".
I'm not sure what did you think you are stating by this but if I had to make a far-fetched assumptions (and I HAVE to since most of your replies and statements are empty, very vague that leave you the room to wiggle an ABSOLUTELY pointless debate or poke opponent with "no, you got it wrong, this is what I meant!"; if you meant to say something then ffs say it as it is) the effect is quite vice versa: "appendix" is the reason i bothered to reply to you and elaborate my reply.

(10-05-2015, 09:16 AM)humanoid Wrote: By your logic Akers would not be Akers anymore but rather replaced by a "brain scan of someone",

[Image: Vs4tL7d.jpg]
Sharpshooter much? If you want to dwell in demagogy or debate for the sake of a debate then you are on a wrong forum, Gogolplex eventually learned that.

Aker's is a "brain scan of itself" or so to say, you could easily figure it out if you apply some thinking to the thought.

I will ignore the rest water under bridge and just make it clear:
Quote:The game doesn't reveal that much about the WAU to lead to this assumption.
That's why in a productive discussion we usually realize that we need to stop making insane hypothesis or write fanfics in the threads and actually try to work your way from known facts using all official lore and data.

(10-05-2015, 01:36 PM)Sevtai Wrote: There are two monsters here.

There should be 3, i swear to god on of the vox banks or log files clearly states that Aker made 3 proxies. I don't think I'm making it up, but I do not recall where did I see or hear it. I think Theta labs.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 02:29 PM by Kein.)
10-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Find
Sevtai Offline

Threads: 0

(10-05-2015, 02:25 PM)Kein Wrote:

There should be 3, i swear to god on of the vox banks or log files clearly states that Aker made 3 proxies. I don't think I'm making it up, but I do not recall where did I see or hear it. I think Theta labs.

To Clarify, I meant 2 types of monster, Akers and Proxies being separate. But yeah, Akers and 3 proxies. Which makes sense really, 1 in the server room, and 2 in the maintenance tunnels.

Thanks for confirming multiple proxies Smile [I was sure I wasn't making that up!]
10-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-05-2015, 03:21 PM)Sevtai Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 02:25 PM)Kein Wrote:

To Clarify, I meant 2 types of monster, Akers and Proxies being separate. But yeah, Akers and 3 proxies. Which makes sense really, 1 in the server room, and 2 in the maintenance tunnels.

Thanks for confirming multiple proxies Smile [I was sure I wasn't making that up!]

Oh, okay. It just I've seen a lot people saying there is only 2 proxies and it bugged me for a while haha.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Find
humanoid Offline

Threads: 3

(10-05-2015, 02:25 PM)Kein Wrote: I'm not sure what did you think you are stating by this but if I had to make a far-fetched assumptions (and I HAVE to since most of your replies and statements are empty, very vague that leave you the room to wiggle an ABSOLUTELY pointless debate or poke opponent with "no, you got it wrong, this is what I meant!"; if you meant to say something then ffs say it as it is) the effect is quite vice versa: "appendix" is the reason i bothered to reply to you and elaborate my reply.

What exactly about that is unclear? I don't feel the need to express my thoughts over dozens of paragraphs every time so even the most simple minded person can understand it.
If my posts are "empty and very vague" for you then don't reply to them, its as simple as that.
On the other hand if you are not sure about the thoughts behind my text and want to discuss it with me, just ask for a more in-depth explanation instead of interpreting it your way and implying that I have no clue what the game was about.
Which btw was the whole reason I felt the need to reply to you, not because I "want to dwell in demagogy or debate for the sake of a debate".

But if you're asking for it, here's what I meant with the appendix:
In Pathos-II there were originally 55-60 people after the asteroid hit the earth, however during the game we encounter/read about only a fraction of them.
Therefore it might be impossible to figure out the original identity/backstory behind every monster in the game (which is the point of this thread) unless we are given more of the official story or "make insane hypothesis or write fanfics".

(10-05-2015, 02:25 PM)Kein Wrote: Sharpshooter much? ...
Aker's is a "brain scan of itself" or so to say, you could easily figure it out if you apply some thinking to the thought.

I'm not quite sure what about that is "sharpshooting" (or in your words cherry picking) but perhaps our definition of a "brain scan" is different.
By my definition its a copy of a consciousness that doesn't linger in its original body anymore (in other words, the copy is stored outside the original body).
In case of Akers I would speak of an alteration of the original consciousness instead of a brain scan of himself, like I mentioned in my previous post (the part which you apparently conveniently skipped despite just complaining that I should express myself more clearly).
Feel free to tell me I'm nit-picky about this but those are two very different things in my opinion.

(10-05-2015, 02:25 PM)Kein Wrote: That's why in a productive discussion we usually realize that we need to stop making insane hypothesis or write fanfics in the threads and actually try to work your way from known facts using all official lore and data.

And why are you telling me this? You were the one who started with the assumption that "whatever monster you see in the game - has a base brain scan of someone", despite having no evidence for it.

But since any more discussion about this little quarrel would be truly pointless I'll just end my part here by saying that this discussion is definition dependant - and we seem to have quite a few different definitions for things.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 05:02 PM by humanoid.)
10-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Find
Mob Offline

Threads: 0

Hello.

In Theta, someone says, in reference to Akers and the proxies, that they do not wish to end up like 'Adams and Shank'. While this may just mean that Adams and Shank were captured and plugged into the WAU/Akers gel, that this fate happened to others and these two are called by name it may mean that Jane Adams and Aashish Shankar were two of the proxies. Or that they were just the two first known of by the others that Akers and co. grabbed.

The monster at Lamda may be Golaski, or it may be Dorian Cronstedt, who vanishes off-camera at Lambda and is written off by the rest of the survey team survivors.

Everyone at Omicron is supposed to have died due to black box explosion, but at least Emma Alvaro and Richard Thabo were last known of trying to get in. Inside Omicron are the female monster and the clockwork man, both of whom have heads. Perhaps these two are Alvaro and Thabo. Or not. There are a couple other entombed beings with heads inside Omicron I think? But then perhaps there were more Theta survivors with Alvaro and Thabo that weren't named.
11-02-2015, 01:19 AM
Find
wtcelesta Offline

Threads: 2

I am confused why people think the Lambda monster is Golasky?
I am pretty sure that the body we find in a observatory before entering Omicron, with a head attached but the blackbox fried, is Adam Golasky. It is indicated by evidence such as the logs of his communication with Herbie, and mentionings at Omicron that Golasky went to work closeby. He asks Herbie if he can have a painkiller because his head hurts (like others at the main Omicron station), and then his blackbox is fried but his head doesn't explode probably because he is not close enough to the epicenter at Omicron.

So, if we assume the monster at Lambda is someone's body possessed by Wau, shouldn't it be someone else?
07-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Find