Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck and Graphical Issues
asoksevil Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Stuck and Graphical Issues

Hey guys,

So I just purchased SOMA for Mac yesterday and I´ve playing a little bit today.

*SPOILERS*

Right after getting the Omnitool updated you go to a point where you have to jump and crouch to keep going. Right after jumping as I wanted to explore a little bit more the room I "fell" from the floor causing it everything to become grey... Now there´s no way for me yo climb up nor to load any previous save state as it automatically loads the one I saved when exiting the game.

*SPOILERS*

Very similar to what it´s shown in this thread: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30805.html

I am running a 2010 MacBook Air (NVIDIA 320M, 4 GB RAM, 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) and although I do realize that my computer specs are lower than the minimum required, I´ve played for about 45 minutes with no problem at all so it might just be a glitch...

Thanks!

EDIT. I am using the Steam Mac version.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 09:26 AM by asoksevil.)
10-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Not Solved RE: Stuck and Graphical Issues

Can you explain a bit more exactly where this happened? For the purpose of investigate and potentially fix.

To fix your problem: From the main menu, use the load game options to load a previous save to return to the game before you fell through the floor.

(Yes that computer is very weak, but you should be able to play through the whole thing, I did so on a Mac mini from 2010 with what appears to be close to identical specs)
10-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Website Find Reply
asoksevil Offline

(10-01-2015, 10:27 AM)jens Wrote: Can you explain a bit more exactly where this happened? For the purpose of investigate and potentially fix.

To fix your problem: From the main menu, use the load game options to load a previous save to return to the game before you fell through the floor.

(Yes that computer is very weak, but you should be able to play through the whole thing, I did so on a Mac mini from 2010 with what appears to be close to identical specs)

Thanks for the fast reply.

The exact moment happens here at 33:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLyYqF3k5CM

So I got inside, wanted to investigate a little bit more the room and turned back and BOOM, fell through the "floor" I watched how I was falling and could see the whole place above me.

What type of options are you playing with? Any way to optimize it even more?

I am playing with everything set to low/off with a resolution of 800x500 if I am not mistaken, otherwise I can see massive frame drop.

I am not sure if this is the same engine as Amnesia TDD but I also have to play on the lowest settings.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015, 07:16 PM by asoksevil.)
10-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Ah, thanks will try and reproduce falling through there.

I put everything on low, turned of vsync and ran a low resolution, so seems to be what you did. It is not great of course, but considering the age of the computer and that it was a low end machine to begin with I thought it was OK.
10-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Website Find Reply
asoksevil Offline

(10-01-2015, 04:38 PM)jens Wrote: Ah, thanks will try and reproduce falling through there.

I put everything on low, turned of vsync and ran a low resolution, so seems to be what you did. It is not great of course, but considering the age of the computer and that it was a low end machine to begin with I thought it was OK.

Sounds about right, I guess we have to be thankful for being able to play AAA titles on our old 2010 computers Big Grin
10-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Find Reply

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.