Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Sequel to Penumbra Requiem?
bindo245 Offline

Threads: 1
Sequel to Penumbra Requiem?

Hi everyone!

I just finished all the games in the series , using the novint falcon!
(It rocks!)

When finishing Requiem I was utterly dissapointed at the ending - Doing both endings!

So I wonder is a sequel coming out?

BTW , I have some questions - What was that code in the end used for ?
What are those additional texts when collecting all the artifacts ? (I collected two of nine) , and if a sequel isn't being made is there a mod for it on Half Life 2 Engine?

Edit: Does this game take place In Phillips mind?
Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2009, 12:36 PM by apmihal.)
12-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Sequel to Penumbra Requiem?

(12-26-2009, 12:35 PM)bindo245 Wrote: So I wonder is a sequel coming out?

The Penumbra series is done. There won´t be anymore sequels.

(12-26-2009, 12:35 PM)bindo245 Wrote: BTW , I have some questions - What was that code in the end used for ?

The code is used to find some secrets. Look around in the forum and you´ll find out what.

(12-26-2009, 12:35 PM)bindo245 Wrote: What are those additional texts when collecting all the artifacts ? (I collected two of nine) ,

Well,
Spoiler below!
if I recall correctly you get to read more of Philip's email to his friend, but of course my memory is quite hazy.

(12-26-2009, 12:35 PM)bindo245 Wrote: and if a sequel isn't being made is there a mod for it on Half Life 2 Engine?

I don´t think there is any mod for Half-Life 2. Personally I think that the engine Penumbra uses is much better than the Half-Life 2 engine.

(12-26-2009, 12:35 PM)bindo245 Wrote: Edit: Does this game take place In Phillips mind?

Well, that´s the common interpretation, my opinion is however that
Spoiler below!
the Tuurngait is torturing/testing Phillip, trapping him in a mental hellhole.
12-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Find
bindo245 Offline

Ok thanks for the info.

Shame that no expansion or sequel is gonna be made Sad.
12-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Well, you see, Phillip's dead now.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Website Find
bindo245 Offline

Yeah but what about the person he sent his email to? I mean I recall there were the exact co-ordinates?
12-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Considering the message is to kill them it would probably be a first person shooters. Horror shooters are never scary.

12-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

A sequel could be about a person arriving to investigate. If he sent it to a friend perhaps the friend goes "Huh? Kill who?", travels to Greenland to investigate and such. Perhaps he wouldn't take the warning seriously or perhaps he would bring a personal firearm like some common 9mm pistol with only one spare magazine or something like that which the player would have to conserve for the entire game.
Then you could encounter monster dogs and all such - which would go down in just one or two gunshots but if you waste your ammo on killing enemies you won't be able to kill harder enemies later in the game (or will have to kill them in a much harder fasion, melee for example). Also it would be pretty interesting if the gun could be used to solve puzzles, so instead of stacking lots of stuff, climbing to some high place and deactivating a switch you could shoot the switch so that it breaks or instead of cutting a rope using a knife you could shoot the rope from a distance - solving puzzles faster or skipping hard parts of the game in case you didn't use your ammo on the enemies.
Weapons could be a like a "skip level" pickup in old games instead of being just for killing enemies.

Example: the player comes into a room full of storage boxes looking for Item X, but the box that contains Item X is currently being held up by one of many mechanical cranes (err, not the animals). So the player could either activate the controls for the cranes and position the boxes in the air so that he can climb up on the first box and jump to the next one until the comes close enough to the box containing Item X so that he can cut it down with a knife or something.
However if the player doesn't manage to solve how to activate the cranes or something instead he can just fire the gun at the box so it falls down, breaks and Item X is released.

It could also be used for getting past hard bosses more easily or kill chasing enemies, instead of the player having to cheat to get past that part of the game etc.

This way the firearm would keep it's power, but still wouldn't ruin the game and would only have to be used if you wanted to and really was stuck - instead of getting frustrated and not playing the game.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Find
bindo245 Offline

That is a good idea - One thing I never got was how Red knew where phillip was all the time?

thanks.
12-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(12-27-2009, 12:25 PM)bindo245 Wrote: That is a good idea - One thing I never got was how Red knew where phillip was all the time?

thanks.

Noone knows. I think someone thought that Red was slightly connected to the Tuurgait and since the Tuurngait had infected the rock worms he could use the rock worms to feel where Philip was through the vibrations in the ground made by his footsteps. Sounds possible and I can't think of any other solution.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

The dogs and spiders were probably also infected.

12-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Website Find